Oklahoma City's Mark Arcobello Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week
March 3, 2014 - American Hockey League (AHL) News Release
SPRINGFIELD, Mass. ... The American Hockey League announced today that Oklahoma City Barons center Mark Arcobello has been selected as the CCM/AHL Player of the Week for the period ending Mar. 2, 2014.
Arcobello tallied three goals and four assists for seven points in three games as the Barons closed the gap in the Western Conference playoff chase with three critical victories.
In the first of back-to-back games against Rockford, Arcobello picked up a goal and an assist on Friday night as Oklahoma City rallied from three separate deficits to pull out a 5-4 overtime win. On Saturday, he notched a goal and two assists as the Barons beat the IceHogs again, 5-4. And on Sunday, Arcobello recorded a goal and an assist to help his club to a 6-5 win over San Antonio.
Arcobello has lit up the scoreboard since returning to Oklahoma City last month, totaling seven goals and 12 assists for 19 points in just nine games with the Barons. The fourth-year pro began the season with the parent Edmonton Oilers and notched four goals and 14 assists for 18 points in 41 NHL contests. A native of Milford, Conn., Arcobello has played 182 career regular-season AHL games, all with the Barons, and has compiled 57 goals and 95 assists for 152 points. He also represented Oklahoma City at the 2013 AHL All-Star Classic, and has added 18 goals and 17 assists for 35 points in 37 Calder Cup Playoff games.
In recognition of his achievement, Arcobello will be presented with an etched crystal award prior to an upcoming Barons home game.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from March 3, 2014
- Davies Recalled, McKelvie Assigned - Abbotsford Heat
- Islanders Sign Justin Johnson to Two-Way Contract - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Week Preview: Games 58, 59 vs. Texas Stars - Abbotsford Heat
- Morin Named CCM/AHL Player of the Month - Rockford IceHogs
- Crunch and Upstate Medical University to Present 20th Anniversary Team - Syracuse Crunch
- Worcester Sharks Host Heroes Night to Benefit Worcester Officer Jon Daige on March 8 - Worcester Sharks
- Preds Recall Rinne, Ads Summon Darling - Milwaukee Admirals
- Monarchs Weekly Report - Manchester Monarchs
- Streak Comes to An End as Hogs Take Three Points - Rockford IceHogs
- Rockford's Morin, Abbotsford's Granlund, San Antonio's Markstrom Earn AHL Honors - AHL
- Abbotsford Heat Center Markus Granlund Named CCM/AHL Rookie of the Month - Abbotsford Heat
- Jacob Markstrom Named CCM/AHL Goaltender of the Month - San Antonio Rampage
- Lightning Recall G Anders Lindback from Syracuse - Syracuse Crunch
- Falcons Weekly Notes - Springfield Falcons
- Rock Report - St. John's IceCaps
- San Antonio Rampage Weekly - San Antonio Rampage
- Weekly: Bulldogs Host Barons, Penguins, Monsters - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Wolves Weekly Notes - Chicago Wolves
- Barons Week in Review - Oklahoma City Barons
- Oklahoma City's Mark Arcobello Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week - AHL
- Jaskin Rejoins the Wolves - Chicago Wolves
- Canadiens Assign Drewiske to Bulldogs - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Lefebvre and Mullane Recalled - Rockford IceHogs
- Andy Miele Bobblehead Giveaway Sunday - Portland Pirates
- Wolf Pack Weekly - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Cal Heeter Returned to Phantoms - Adirondack Phantoms
- Bears Enter Final Full Month in Tight Division Battle - Hershey Bears
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.