Lightning Recall G Anders Lindback from Syracuse
TAMPA BAY - The Tampa Bay Lightning have recalled goaltender Anders Lindback from his conditioning assignment today, vice president and general manager Steve Yzerman announced. The team has also reassigned goaltender Kristers Gudlevskis to the Crunch.
Lindback, 6-foot-6, 206 pounds, was sent to Syracuse for conditioning on February 26. While with the Crunch he appeared in two games, posting a 1.54 goals-against average, a .939 save percentage and one shutout. Lindback has appeared in 18 games this season with the Lightning, posting a 5-11-1 record to go along with a 3.23 goals-against average and .880 save percentage. The goaltender hasn't played with the Lightning since suffering a lower body injury against the Ottawa Senators on January 30.
Gudlevskis, 21, was recalled to the Lightning on February 12 while with Team Latvia at the Winter Olympic Games in Sochi, Russia. He dressed for his first NHL game on February 8 against the Detroit Red Wings. Gudlevskis did not see any game action during the recall, backing up Ben Bishop on four occasions. He has appeared in 22 AHL games in his first season in North America. His four shutouts lead Syracuse and are tied for second in the AHL. Gudlevskis has assembled an 11-8-2 record with a 2.69 goals-against average and .900 save percentage. He began the season with the Florida Everblades of the ECHL, posting a 7-4-0 record with a 1.83 goals-against average and .925 save percentage in 11 games.
Gudlevskis was drafted by the Lightning in the fifth round, 124th overall, at the 2013 NHL Draft.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from March 3, 2014
- Davies Recalled, McKelvie Assigned - Abbotsford Heat
- Islanders Sign Justin Johnson to Two-Way Contract - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Week Preview: Games 58, 59 vs. Texas Stars - Abbotsford Heat
- Morin Named CCM/AHL Player of the Month - Rockford IceHogs
- Crunch and Upstate Medical University to Present 20th Anniversary Team - Syracuse Crunch
- Worcester Sharks Host Heroes Night to Benefit Worcester Officer Jon Daige on March 8 - Worcester Sharks
- Preds Recall Rinne, Ads Summon Darling - Milwaukee Admirals
- Monarchs Weekly Report - Manchester Monarchs
- Streak Comes to An End as Hogs Take Three Points - Rockford IceHogs
- Rockford's Morin, Abbotsford's Granlund, San Antonio's Markstrom Earn AHL Honors - AHL
- Abbotsford Heat Center Markus Granlund Named CCM/AHL Rookie of the Month - Abbotsford Heat
- Jacob Markstrom Named CCM/AHL Goaltender of the Month - San Antonio Rampage
- Lightning Recall G Anders Lindback from Syracuse - Syracuse Crunch
- Falcons Weekly Notes - Springfield Falcons
- Rock Report - St. John's IceCaps
- San Antonio Rampage Weekly - San Antonio Rampage
- Weekly: Bulldogs Host Barons, Penguins, Monsters - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Wolves Weekly Notes - Chicago Wolves
- Barons Week in Review - Oklahoma City Barons
- Oklahoma City's Mark Arcobello Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week - AHL
- Jaskin Rejoins the Wolves - Chicago Wolves
- Canadiens Assign Drewiske to Bulldogs - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Lefebvre and Mullane Recalled - Rockford IceHogs
- Andy Miele Bobblehead Giveaway Sunday - Portland Pirates
- Wolf Pack Weekly - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Cal Heeter Returned to Phantoms - Adirondack Phantoms
- Bears Enter Final Full Month in Tight Division Battle - Hershey Bears
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Syracuse Crunch Stories
- Tampa Bay Lightning Re-Sign Forward Ross Colton to One-Year Contract
- Tampa Bay Lightning Re-Sign Defenseman Ben Thomas
- Tampa Bay Lightning Sign Defenseman Andreas Borgman, Goaltender Chris Gibson
- Tampa Bay Lightning Re-Sign Goaltender Spencer Martin
- Tampa Bay Lightning Re-Sign Forwards Mitchell Stephens, Gemel Smith