THE WEEK AHEAD
Fri., Feb. 28
STJ 6 vs BNG 2
Charged by two-goal outings from both John Albert and Kael Mouillierat, the streaking IceCaps won their fifth straight by downing the Senators 6-2 at Mile One Centre. Adam Lowry and Eric O'Dell had the other goals for St. John's, while Michael Hutchinson turned aside 26-of-28 to earn the victory.
Buddy Robinson and Jean-Gabriel Pageau scored for the Senators. Albert also added an assist for St. John's as did Jason Jaffray, Jerome Samson, Andew Gordon and Kyle MacKinnon.
Sat., Mar. 1
STJ 1 vs BNG 0
Michael Hutchinson made 42 saves and Eric O'Dell scored the only goal of the game, as the IceCaps - winning their sixth straight - shut out the Senators 1-0 at Mile One Centre to earn the series sweep. Kael Mouillierat and Carl Klingberg each pitched in with an assist for the IceCaps, while Andrew Hammond made 24 saves in a losing effort for Binghamton.
Michael Hutchinson has now won 12 of his 18 appearances this season. Kael Mouillierat extended his point streak to eight games, tying a team high this season.
MARY BROWN'S HARDEST WORKING PLAYER
Jersey Giveway: The St. John's IceCaps and Pepsi Next will be giving away five, game-worn IceCaps St. Paddy's Day jerseys in a first intermission challenge during the IceCaps' Friday, March 14th home game versus the Portland Pirates. To qualify for the intermission challenge, simply visit the IceCaps facebook page ( www.facebook.com/stjohnsicecaps ) and enter through the Pepsi Next app. Participants will be chosen at random from a list of all entrants. Additionally, winners of the 'Guess the IceCap' contest during home games starting tonight (February 28th ) through March 14th will also qualify for the intermission challenge. The IceCap player must be identified in the first guess to win. Winners of the intermission challenge will be presented one of the game-worn, white and green jerseys by a player at the conclusion of the game.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from March 3, 2014
- Davies Recalled, McKelvie Assigned - Abbotsford Heat
- Islanders Sign Justin Johnson to Two-Way Contract - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Week Preview: Games 58, 59 vs. Texas Stars - Abbotsford Heat
- Morin Named CCM/AHL Player of the Month - Rockford IceHogs
- Crunch and Upstate Medical University to Present 20th Anniversary Team - Syracuse Crunch
- Worcester Sharks Host Heroes Night to Benefit Worcester Officer Jon Daige on March 8 - Worcester Sharks
- Preds Recall Rinne, Ads Summon Darling - Milwaukee Admirals
- Monarchs Weekly Report - Manchester Monarchs
- Streak Comes to An End as Hogs Take Three Points - Rockford IceHogs
- Rockford's Morin, Abbotsford's Granlund, San Antonio's Markstrom Earn AHL Honors - AHL
- Abbotsford Heat Center Markus Granlund Named CCM/AHL Rookie of the Month - Abbotsford Heat
- Jacob Markstrom Named CCM/AHL Goaltender of the Month - San Antonio Rampage
- Lightning Recall G Anders Lindback from Syracuse - Syracuse Crunch
- Falcons Weekly Notes - Springfield Falcons
- Rock Report - St. John's IceCaps
- San Antonio Rampage Weekly - San Antonio Rampage
- Weekly: Bulldogs Host Barons, Penguins, Monsters - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Wolves Weekly Notes - Chicago Wolves
- Barons Week in Review - Oklahoma City Barons
- Oklahoma City's Mark Arcobello Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week - AHL
- Jaskin Rejoins the Wolves - Chicago Wolves
- Canadiens Assign Drewiske to Bulldogs - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Lefebvre and Mullane Recalled - Rockford IceHogs
- Andy Miele Bobblehead Giveaway Sunday - Portland Pirates
- Wolf Pack Weekly - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Cal Heeter Returned to Phantoms - Adirondack Phantoms
- Bears Enter Final Full Month in Tight Division Battle - Hershey Bears
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.