Morin Named CCM/AHL Player of the Month
SPRINGFIELD, Mass. - The American Hockey League announced today that Jeremy Morin of the Rockford IceHogs has been selected as the CCM/AHL Player of the Month for February.
Morin earned at least one point in all 11 of his games played during the month, totaling nine goals and nine assists for 18 points along with a plus-10 rating, while the IceHogs went unbeaten in regulation at 9-0-1-1.
Morin began February - and his scoring streak - by picking up an assist in a 2-1 win at Utica on Feb. 1. He notched his first career hat trick and finished with four points in an 8-3 victory over Iowa on Feb. 8, and tallied a goal and two assists in a 5-4 shootout loss to Chicago on Feb. 14. His two-assist game on Feb. 15 at Iowa included setting up the game-winning goal in a 5-3 victory, and he scored twice in a 4-1 win at Iowa on Feb. 28, and finished the month with an assist in Rockford's 5-4 overtime loss at Oklahoma City on Feb. 28.
On the season, Morin has recorded a team-best 21 goals, along with 22 assists for 43 points in 43 games for Rockford, while also tallying one goal and four assists for five points in 15 NHL games with the Chicago Blackhawks. With his 21 tallies this season, Morin has surpassed Preston Mizzi and is now the franchise's all-time leading goal scorer with 77 career goals.
A fourth-year pro from Auburn, N.Y., Morin has appeared in 201 career AHL games with the IceHogs and shows 77 goals and 76 assists for 153 points. He also has 10 points (four goals, six assists) in 30 career NHL outings with Chicago, which acquired him in a trade with Atlanta on June 24, 2010. Morin was originally a second-round draft choice (45th overall) by the Thrashers in 2009.
Morin is the second player to win a player of the month award during the team's AHL era. In November of 2007, Martin St. Pierre accumulated 21 points to capture Rockford's first monthly award.
In recognition of his achievement, Morin will be presented with an etched crystal award prior to an upcoming IceHogs home game.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from March 3, 2014
- Davies Recalled, McKelvie Assigned - Abbotsford Heat
- Islanders Sign Justin Johnson to Two-Way Contract - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Week Preview: Games 58, 59 vs. Texas Stars - Abbotsford Heat
- Morin Named CCM/AHL Player of the Month - Rockford IceHogs
- Crunch and Upstate Medical University to Present 20th Anniversary Team - Syracuse Crunch
- Worcester Sharks Host Heroes Night to Benefit Worcester Officer Jon Daige on March 8 - Worcester Sharks
- Preds Recall Rinne, Ads Summon Darling - Milwaukee Admirals
- Monarchs Weekly Report - Manchester Monarchs
- Streak Comes to An End as Hogs Take Three Points - Rockford IceHogs
- Rockford's Morin, Abbotsford's Granlund, San Antonio's Markstrom Earn AHL Honors - AHL
- Abbotsford Heat Center Markus Granlund Named CCM/AHL Rookie of the Month - Abbotsford Heat
- Jacob Markstrom Named CCM/AHL Goaltender of the Month - San Antonio Rampage
- Lightning Recall G Anders Lindback from Syracuse - Syracuse Crunch
- Falcons Weekly Notes - Springfield Falcons
- Rock Report - St. John's IceCaps
- San Antonio Rampage Weekly - San Antonio Rampage
- Weekly: Bulldogs Host Barons, Penguins, Monsters - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Wolves Weekly Notes - Chicago Wolves
- Barons Week in Review - Oklahoma City Barons
- Oklahoma City's Mark Arcobello Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week - AHL
- Jaskin Rejoins the Wolves - Chicago Wolves
- Canadiens Assign Drewiske to Bulldogs - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Lefebvre and Mullane Recalled - Rockford IceHogs
- Andy Miele Bobblehead Giveaway Sunday - Portland Pirates
- Wolf Pack Weekly - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Cal Heeter Returned to Phantoms - Adirondack Phantoms
- Bears Enter Final Full Month in Tight Division Battle - Hershey Bears
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.