Preds Recall Rinne, Ads Summon Darling
Milwaukee, WI- Nashville Predators President of Hockey Operations/General Manager David Poile announced today that goaltender Pekka Rinne has been recalled from his weekend conditioning assignment with Milwaukee (AHL). After missing 51 games, the two-time Vezina Trophy finalist is expected to start when Nashville takes on the Pittsburgh Penguins tomorrow night. In addition, the Admirals have recalled Scott Darling from the Cincinnati Cyclones of the ECHL.
Rinne stopped 33-of-35 shots against to post a 0.99 goals-against average and a .946 save percentage in a pair of games with the Admirals last weekend, winning both starts. In his last five NHL games prior to his injury, Rinne was 3-1-1 with a 1.60 goals-against average and a .937 save percentage - turning away 120-of-128 shots in those contests. The two-time Vezina Trophy finalist has been among the League's elite since becoming a full-time starter in 2008-09, ranking first in shutouts and among the Top 10 in wins, save percentage and goals-against average prior to his current injury. He is one of just two netminders in franchise history to appear in 300 games for the club, and is just four wins shy of tying Tomas Vokoun's mark for most wins by a goaltender (157; Vokoun, 161).
Darling went 1-0-1 in two games last weekend, including a 45-save performance on Friday night. He returns to the Ads where he is 8-4-1 with a .931 save percentage and a 2.10 goals against average.
Darling and the Admirals return to the ice on Friday night when they host the Rockford IceHogs at 7 pm at the BMO Harris Bradley Center.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from March 3, 2014
- Davies Recalled, McKelvie Assigned - Abbotsford Heat
- Islanders Sign Justin Johnson to Two-Way Contract - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Week Preview: Games 58, 59 vs. Texas Stars - Abbotsford Heat
- Morin Named CCM/AHL Player of the Month - Rockford IceHogs
- Crunch and Upstate Medical University to Present 20th Anniversary Team - Syracuse Crunch
- Worcester Sharks Host Heroes Night to Benefit Worcester Officer Jon Daige on March 8 - Worcester Sharks
- Preds Recall Rinne, Ads Summon Darling - Milwaukee Admirals
- Monarchs Weekly Report - Manchester Monarchs
- Streak Comes to An End as Hogs Take Three Points - Rockford IceHogs
- Rockford's Morin, Abbotsford's Granlund, San Antonio's Markstrom Earn AHL Honors - AHL
- Abbotsford Heat Center Markus Granlund Named CCM/AHL Rookie of the Month - Abbotsford Heat
- Jacob Markstrom Named CCM/AHL Goaltender of the Month - San Antonio Rampage
- Lightning Recall G Anders Lindback from Syracuse - Syracuse Crunch
- Falcons Weekly Notes - Springfield Falcons
- Rock Report - St. John's IceCaps
- San Antonio Rampage Weekly - San Antonio Rampage
- Weekly: Bulldogs Host Barons, Penguins, Monsters - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Wolves Weekly Notes - Chicago Wolves
- Barons Week in Review - Oklahoma City Barons
- Oklahoma City's Mark Arcobello Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week - AHL
- Jaskin Rejoins the Wolves - Chicago Wolves
- Canadiens Assign Drewiske to Bulldogs - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Lefebvre and Mullane Recalled - Rockford IceHogs
- Andy Miele Bobblehead Giveaway Sunday - Portland Pirates
- Wolf Pack Weekly - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Cal Heeter Returned to Phantoms - Adirondack Phantoms
- Bears Enter Final Full Month in Tight Division Battle - Hershey Bears
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.