Wolves Weekly Notes
GAMES WILL BE TELECAST LIVE ON THE U-TOO OR WCIU
Log on to chicagowolves.com for broadcast schedule, or to watch or listen to the action live online
WE'RE GOING STREAKING
With two more wins at Allstate Arena this weekend, the Wolves have not lost at home in regulation since Dec. 7, going to 15-0-2-0 to push their home point streak to 17 games; this mark surpasses the old franchise record of 16, set from Dec. 30, 2009 to March 7, 2010.
--- JAKE ALLEN: Kicked out all 29 shots he faced on Sunday for a 4-0 win, his fourth shutout of the season and second in eight days having also shut out Abbotsford on Feb. 23 in a 2-0 win at Allstate Arena ... Currently in the midst of a three-game win streak and six-game home win streak ... Paces the league with a 2.07 goals-against average, is tied with Toronto's Drew MacIntyre for first with 25 wins, and is tied for fourth with a 0.925 save percentage through 39 games this season (25-12-2) ... Started the 2014 AHL All-Star game on Feb. 12 against FÃ¤rjestad BK of the Swedish Hockey League and kicked out all 14 shots he faced in 28:28 of action
--- ADAM CRACKNELL: Scored twice on Sunday and added assists in both games this week to bring his point total to 16 (8G, 8A) in 14 games since being assigned to Chicago by the St. Louis Blues on Jan. 25 ... Sunday was the center's third three-point game this season and he has only been held scoreless in four contests ... Posted two assists in 17 NHL games with St. Louis this year before joining the Wolves
--- KEITH AUCOIN: Posted four points this week, including a three-point effort on Sunday, to run his point streak to four games ... Has produced five assists and six points in that stretch, spanning Feb. 22 to present ... On Feb. 22 became the fifth player in league history to reach 600 career AHL assists and the only one born after 1960 ... Currently sits seventh on the all-time scoring list for the AHL, amassing 845 points in 753 contests
--- ALEXANDRE BOLDUC: Has collected four points (2G, 2A) in a four-game point streak since sitting as the veteran scratch on Feb. 21 at Rockford ... Accrued a +3 plus/minus rating during that stretch ... Stands tied for fourth on the Wolves for points with 22 and tied for first with two short-handed goals, including one on Friday ... Represented Team Canada at the Spengler Cup in December
--- SHANE HARPER: Scored the Wolves' first and last goals on Friday in a 6-2 win over Rochester, his second two-goal effort of the season (Nov. 1 at Oklahoma City) ... Posted five goals in his last eight contests to bring his season total to 10, tied for fourth-most on the Wolves
--- St. Louis traded RW MARK MANCARI to Florida on Sunday in exchange for LW ERIC SELLECK, who was assigned to the Wolves, and, in a corresponding move, D DOUG JANIK was acquired by the Wolves for future considerations; LW DMITRIJ JASKIN was reassigned to Chicago on Monday morning and F GERGO NAGY was released from his professional tryout contract.
--- Chicago had its most successful month of the season in February, posting a 8-1-2-0 record in 11 games for an .818 winning percentage along with the most wins of any month thus far; the Wolves' 16 points helped boost them to only three points behind Grand Rapids for first in the Western Conference with one game in hand after trailing by 13 points on the morning of Jan. 18.
--- With CRACKNELL'S power-play tally in the second period on Sunday, the Wolves stretched the number of games with a power-play goal to a season-high four; prior to this weekend, Chicago had not gone more than two consecutive games with a man-advantage marker.
--- The Wolves power play made strides in February, posting a season-best 18 percent for the month while going 9-for-50; this performance pushed the 30th-ranked power play to a season-high 12.8 percent for the year (33-for-258).
SNACK AND SIP
--- Tickets are now available for the Wolves fifth Wine Tasting Fundraiser on Thursday, March 13, from 6:30-8:30 p.m. at Harry Caray's in Rosemont. Fans will have the opportunity to sample wine and appetizers, enter auctions and raffles and mingle with Wolves CHRISTIAN HANSON, ADAM CRACKNELL, CHRIS PORTER, KEITH AUCOIN, PAT CANNONE, JAKE ALLEN, ALEXANDRE BOLDUC, and assistant coach DAVE ALLISON. Tickets can be purchased for $55 by going to chicagowolves.com or calling 1-800-THE-WOLVES.
WOLVES REWIND (2-0-0-0)
Sunday, March 2
(at) Chicago 4, Iowa 0
--- The Wolves scored 1:41 in and controlled the rest of the game to push their home point streak to a franchise record of 17 games (15-0-2-0)
--- Centers ADAM CRACKNELL (2G, A) and KEITH AUCOIN (G, 2A) both notched three points with the additional goal by TY RATTIE
--- Goaltender JAKE ALLEN stopped 29 shots, registering his fourth shutout of the season and 13th of his AHL career
Friday, Feb. 28
(at) Chicago 6, Rochester 2
--- After a scoreless first period, the Wolves reeled off four goals in the second on the way to a 6-2 victory at Allstate Arena
--- Forward SHANE HARPER (2G) scored the first and last goals while ALEXANDRE BOLDUC, CHRISTIAN HANSON, MARK CUNDARI, and SEBASTIAN WANNSTROM also scored
--- Goaltender JAKE ALLEN stopped 22 of 24 shots for the win
Wed., March 5* at Grand Rapids Griffins Van Andel Arena 6 p.m.
Sat., March 8 at Abbotsford Heat Abbotsford Entertainment & Sports Centre 9 p.m.
Sun., March 9 at Abbotsford Heat Abbotsford Entertainment & Sports Centre 6 p.m.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from March 3, 2014
- Davies Recalled, McKelvie Assigned - Abbotsford Heat
- Islanders Sign Justin Johnson to Two-Way Contract - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Week Preview: Games 58, 59 vs. Texas Stars - Abbotsford Heat
- Morin Named CCM/AHL Player of the Month - Rockford IceHogs
- Crunch and Upstate Medical University to Present 20th Anniversary Team - Syracuse Crunch
- Worcester Sharks Host Heroes Night to Benefit Worcester Officer Jon Daige on March 8 - Worcester Sharks
- Preds Recall Rinne, Ads Summon Darling - Milwaukee Admirals
- Monarchs Weekly Report - Manchester Monarchs
- Streak Comes to An End as Hogs Take Three Points - Rockford IceHogs
- Rockford's Morin, Abbotsford's Granlund, San Antonio's Markstrom Earn AHL Honors - AHL
- Abbotsford Heat Center Markus Granlund Named CCM/AHL Rookie of the Month - Abbotsford Heat
- Jacob Markstrom Named CCM/AHL Goaltender of the Month - San Antonio Rampage
- Lightning Recall G Anders Lindback from Syracuse - Syracuse Crunch
- Falcons Weekly Notes - Springfield Falcons
- Rock Report - St. John's IceCaps
- San Antonio Rampage Weekly - San Antonio Rampage
- Weekly: Bulldogs Host Barons, Penguins, Monsters - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Wolves Weekly Notes - Chicago Wolves
- Barons Week in Review - Oklahoma City Barons
- Oklahoma City's Mark Arcobello Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week - AHL
- Jaskin Rejoins the Wolves - Chicago Wolves
- Canadiens Assign Drewiske to Bulldogs - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Lefebvre and Mullane Recalled - Rockford IceHogs
- Andy Miele Bobblehead Giveaway Sunday - Portland Pirates
- Wolf Pack Weekly - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Cal Heeter Returned to Phantoms - Adirondack Phantoms
- Bears Enter Final Full Month in Tight Division Battle - Hershey Bears
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.