Streak Comes to An End as Hogs Take Three Points
Heading into Week 22 on a nine-game point streak, the Rockford IceHogs extended that to 11 with a win over the Iowa Wild on Tuesday and an overtime loss to the Oklahoma City Barons on Friday. The streak would come to an end on Saturday against the Barons with the IceHogs first regulation defeat since 1/31/14.
Week 22 Results
Tuesday, Feb. 25: Rockford 4 at Iowa 1
Friday, Feb. 28: Rockford 4 at Oklahoma City 5 OT
Saturday, Mar. 1: Rockford 4 at Oklahoma City 5
Week 23 Schedule
Tuesday, Mar. 4, vs. Rochester, 7 p.m.
Friday, Mar. 7, at Milwaukee, 7 p.m.
Saturday, Mar. 8, vs. Milwaukee, 7 p.m.
-Rockford had their season long five game-winning streak come to an end on Friday in overtime and 11-game point streak snapped with a regulation loss on Saturday, both 5-4 in Oklahoma City
-The IceHogs went 9-0-1-1 in February and the nine wins tied an IceHogs AHL record for most wins in a month, previously accomplished six times, the last March 2011
-Center Brandon Pirri became the first player in IceHogs franchise history to record 200 career points with Rockford when he notched a goal and an assist on Saturday in Oklahoma City
-Pirri, who was riding a nine game point streak dating back to 2/9/14, had 68g-132a-200pts in 238 career games with Rockford before getting traded to the Florida Panthers on Sunday
-Pirri is the third IceHogs skater to get traded to the Panthers this season, joining Jimmy Hayes and Dylan Olsen in Florida
-Winger Jeremy Morin is currently riding an IceHogs season best 12-game point streak dating back to 2/1/14, totaling 10g-9a-19pts
-Recently recalled defenseman Bobby Shea played in his first two AHL games with Rockford since 1/8/14 and tallied 2g-1a-3pts with a plus minus rating of +5 over the weekend in Oklahoma City
-Rookie center Alex Broadhurst tied an IceHogs single season record with his third penalty shot attempt on Saturday in Oklahoma City
-Broadhurst, who has been denied on all three attempts this season, matches Rob Klinkhammer (2010-11) and Mike Figliomeni (1999-00) for most penalty shots in one campaign
-Rockford has scored four or more goals in 10 of their last 11 games, averaging 4.55 goals per contest
-Defenseman Klas Dahlbeck notched his tenth goal of the season on Tuesday in Iowa and is one shy of tying Brian Connelly's single-season record of 11 goals by a blueliner set in 2010-11
Hot Hog: Week 22
Left Wing, Jeremy Morin
Winger Jeremy Morin continued his mid-season tear as he ran his team best point streak to 12-straight games. Morin notched two goals in Tuesday's 4-1 win at Iowa, including the game-winning tally. On Friday night, the winger marked an assist in Rockford's 5-4 overtime loss in Oklahoma City. The Auburn, NY native then ran his career-best point streak to 12-straight contests with a goal on Saturday night against the Barons, finishing the week with 3g-1a-4pts and a +2 plus/minus rating in three games. In 43 games this season, Morin has an IceHogs best 21 goals and ranks second with 43 points.
Upcoming Games: Week 23
Tuesday, Mar. 4 vs."Rochester Americans: Puck drop will be at 7:00 p.m. The IceHogs host the Rochester Americans for the first and only time this season. The contest is a WXRX Dollar Day game and fans can take advantage of $1 hot dogs, soda, beer and companion tickets.
Friday, Mar. 7 at Milwaukee Admirals: Game time is set for 7 p.m. Rockford heads to Milwaukee to take on their Midwest Division rival, Milwaukee Admirals, in the first of eight straight games against division opponents.
Saturday, Mar. 8 vs. Milwaukee Admirals: Opening face-off will be at 7 p.m. In game two of a home-and-home against the Admirals, Rockford hosts Milwaukee at the BMO"Harris Bank"Center. The game is Autism Awareness night and autism ribbon magnets will be handed out at the game.
Illinois Lottery Cup Series Standings
Teams Record Points
Chicago 3-2-0-1 8
Rockford 3-2-0-2 8
Upcoming Illinois Lottery Cup Games:
Mar. 21: Rockford at Chicago, 7:30 p.m.
Mar. 22: Chicago at Rockford, 7 p.m.
Mar. 30: Chicago at Rockford, 7 p.m.
Apr. 13: Rockford at Chicago, 3 p.m.
Apr. 18: Chicago vs. Rockford, 7 p.m.
HOG TALK TONIGHT
Bud Light Hog Talk is back at District Bar and Grill
Rockford, Ill. - Tonight's Hog Talk show at District Bar and Grill in downtown Rockford will begin at 6 p.m.
IceHogs play-by-play broadcaster Mike Peck and Brian Tosti sit down and chat with IceHogs players, Terry Broadhurst and Brian Connelly, and head coach Ted Dent. District will offer great food and drink specials all season long for all fans in attendance. The IceHogs will also offer fans in attendance the chance to win tickets to upcoming games, autographed memorbilia and much more!
Can't make it to District? Each show will be taped and re-broadcasted on 23.2 Antenna TV on Tuesdays from 7-8 p.m.
The show will also feature a special fan mail bag. Fans are encouraged to submit their questions online via the IceHogs Facebook or Twitter accounts using the hashtag - #HogTalk.
District Bar and Grill is located in downtown Rockford at 205 W. State St. To find out all the show dates for Hog Talk, visit IceHogs.com.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from March 3, 2014
- Davies Recalled, McKelvie Assigned - Abbotsford Heat
- Islanders Sign Justin Johnson to Two-Way Contract - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Week Preview: Games 58, 59 vs. Texas Stars - Abbotsford Heat
- Morin Named CCM/AHL Player of the Month - Rockford IceHogs
- Crunch and Upstate Medical University to Present 20th Anniversary Team - Syracuse Crunch
- Worcester Sharks Host Heroes Night to Benefit Worcester Officer Jon Daige on March 8 - Worcester Sharks
- Preds Recall Rinne, Ads Summon Darling - Milwaukee Admirals
- Monarchs Weekly Report - Manchester Monarchs
- Streak Comes to An End as Hogs Take Three Points - Rockford IceHogs
- Rockford's Morin, Abbotsford's Granlund, San Antonio's Markstrom Earn AHL Honors - AHL
- Abbotsford Heat Center Markus Granlund Named CCM/AHL Rookie of the Month - Abbotsford Heat
- Jacob Markstrom Named CCM/AHL Goaltender of the Month - San Antonio Rampage
- Lightning Recall G Anders Lindback from Syracuse - Syracuse Crunch
- Falcons Weekly Notes - Springfield Falcons
- Rock Report - St. John's IceCaps
- San Antonio Rampage Weekly - San Antonio Rampage
- Weekly: Bulldogs Host Barons, Penguins, Monsters - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Wolves Weekly Notes - Chicago Wolves
- Barons Week in Review - Oklahoma City Barons
- Oklahoma City's Mark Arcobello Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week - AHL
- Jaskin Rejoins the Wolves - Chicago Wolves
- Canadiens Assign Drewiske to Bulldogs - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Lefebvre and Mullane Recalled - Rockford IceHogs
- Andy Miele Bobblehead Giveaway Sunday - Portland Pirates
- Wolf Pack Weekly - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Cal Heeter Returned to Phantoms - Adirondack Phantoms
- Bears Enter Final Full Month in Tight Division Battle - Hershey Bears
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Rockford IceHogs Stories
- IceHogs Team Captain Tyler Sikura Joins Facebook Live Q&A on Friday
- IceHogs to Broadcast Classic Games vs. Scheduled Opponents on Facebook Live
- Forward Garrett Mitchell to Join IceHogs Facebook Live for Fan Q&A on Tuesday
- IceHogs to Take on Barracuda in NHL 20 Series
- Rockford IceHogs COVID-19 Updates on 2019-20 Season