Jacob Markstrom Named CCM/AHL Goaltender of the Month
SPRINGFIELD, Mass. (Mar. 3, 2014) -The American Hockey League announced today that Jacob Markstrom of the San Antonio Rampage has been selected as the CCM/AHL Goaltender of the Month for February.
With San Antonio off on a 10-game road trip, Markstrom made seven appearances during the month and stopped 186 of 195 shots, going 4-1-1 with a 1.31 goals-against average, a .954 save percentage and two shutouts.
After allowing four goals on 38 shots in a 5-4 shootout loss at Toronto on Feb. 5, Markstrom allowed just five goals the rest of the month, including a 21-save effort in a 3-1 win at Lake Erie on Feb. 8. He earned his first shutout of the season on Feb. 15, stopping 28 shots as the Rampage beat Grand Rapids, 3-0. Markstrom made 30 saves in a 4-1 victory at Hamilton on Feb. 17, and was perfect in 49 minutes of relief work at Toronto on Feb. 22, finishing with 23 saves. Markstrom closed out the month with a 22-save shutout at Utica on Feb. 26, helping the Rampage finish 7-2-0-1 on their road trip.
Markstrom has played 29 games with San Antonio in 2013-14, posting a record of 12-11-3 with a 2.56 GAA, a .918 save percentage and two shutouts. The 24-year-old native of Gavle, Sweden, is 61-58-7 (2.64, .917) with seven shutouts in 131 AHL appearances over four pro seasons with San Antonio and Rochester. A second-round pick (31st overall) by Florida in the 2008 NHL Entry Draft, Markstrom has also made 43 career National Hockey League appearances with the Panthers, including 12 this season.
In recognition of his achievement, Markstrom will be presented with an etched crystal award prior to an upcoming Rampage home game.
The Rampage return home Friday to take on the Charlotte Checkers at 7:30 p.m. at the AT&T Center. Tickets can be purchased by calling a Rampage representative at 210-444-5554 or online at sarampage.com.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from March 3, 2014
- Davies Recalled, McKelvie Assigned - Abbotsford Heat
- Islanders Sign Justin Johnson to Two-Way Contract - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Week Preview: Games 58, 59 vs. Texas Stars - Abbotsford Heat
- Morin Named CCM/AHL Player of the Month - Rockford IceHogs
- Crunch and Upstate Medical University to Present 20th Anniversary Team - Syracuse Crunch
- Worcester Sharks Host Heroes Night to Benefit Worcester Officer Jon Daige on March 8 - Worcester Sharks
- Preds Recall Rinne, Ads Summon Darling - Milwaukee Admirals
- Monarchs Weekly Report - Manchester Monarchs
- Streak Comes to An End as Hogs Take Three Points - Rockford IceHogs
- Rockford's Morin, Abbotsford's Granlund, San Antonio's Markstrom Earn AHL Honors - AHL
- Abbotsford Heat Center Markus Granlund Named CCM/AHL Rookie of the Month - Abbotsford Heat
- Jacob Markstrom Named CCM/AHL Goaltender of the Month - San Antonio Rampage
- Lightning Recall G Anders Lindback from Syracuse - Syracuse Crunch
- Falcons Weekly Notes - Springfield Falcons
- Rock Report - St. John's IceCaps
- San Antonio Rampage Weekly - San Antonio Rampage
- Weekly: Bulldogs Host Barons, Penguins, Monsters - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Wolves Weekly Notes - Chicago Wolves
- Barons Week in Review - Oklahoma City Barons
- Oklahoma City's Mark Arcobello Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week - AHL
- Jaskin Rejoins the Wolves - Chicago Wolves
- Canadiens Assign Drewiske to Bulldogs - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Lefebvre and Mullane Recalled - Rockford IceHogs
- Andy Miele Bobblehead Giveaway Sunday - Portland Pirates
- Wolf Pack Weekly - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Cal Heeter Returned to Phantoms - Adirondack Phantoms
- Bears Enter Final Full Month in Tight Division Battle - Hershey Bears
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent San Antonio Rampage Stories
- Jake Walman Named Rampage 2019-20 IOA/American Specialty Man of the Year
- Admirals Top Rampage with Third Period Outburst
- Ingram Leads Admirals to Shutout Win over Rampage
- Stars Defeat Chimuelos on Late Robertson Goal
- Comeback Effort Falls Short against Grand Rapids