Canadiens Assign Drewiske to Bulldogs
MONTREAL, QUEBEC - Montreal Canadiens and Hamilton Bulldogs General Manager Marc Bergevin announced today the Canadiens have assigned defenceman Davis Drewiske to the Bulldogs.
Drewiske has not played yet this season due to injury. The 29-year-old split the 2012-2013 season between the Los Angeles Kings and Montreal Canadiens in the National Hockey League. In 20 games with Los Angeles, the 6'2", 219-pound defenceman recorded four points (one goal, three assists) and 14 penalty minutes. In nine games with Montreal, the Hudson, Wisconsin native recorded three points (one goal, two assists) and no penalty minutes.
In 135 career NHL regular season games with the Kings and Canadiens, Drewiske has recorded 25 points (five goals, 20 assists) and 67 penalty minutes. In 66 career American Hockey League games with the Manchester Monarchs, he has recorded 14 points (one goal, 13 assists) and 101 penalty minutes.
The undrafted defenceman was acquired by the Canadiens in a trade with the Kings on April 2nd, 2013 in exchange for a fifth-round draft pick.
Hamilton's next game is scheduled for Friday, March 7th when the 'Dogs will host the Oklahoma City Barons (AHL affiliate of the Edmonton Oilers) at FirstOntario Centre at 7:30 p.m.
Hamilton Bulldogs flex tickets, group tickets and 2014-2015 season tickets are on sale now. Starting as low as $140 for a 10-ticket flex pack, we have great packages available for you to enjoy more Hockey Unleashed! For more information, call 1-866-DOGS-TIX or visit hamiltonbulldogs.com. Single-game tickets are available at the FirstOntario Centre Box Office, online at www.ticketmaster.ca, or by calling 1-866-DOGS-TIX or 905-529-8500.
Listen to all Bulldogs regular season and post-season games live on Hamilton's AM 900 CHML, on www.900chml.com or watch live on www.ahllive.com.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from March 3, 2014
- Davies Recalled, McKelvie Assigned - Abbotsford Heat
- Islanders Sign Justin Johnson to Two-Way Contract - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Week Preview: Games 58, 59 vs. Texas Stars - Abbotsford Heat
- Morin Named CCM/AHL Player of the Month - Rockford IceHogs
- Crunch and Upstate Medical University to Present 20th Anniversary Team - Syracuse Crunch
- Worcester Sharks Host Heroes Night to Benefit Worcester Officer Jon Daige on March 8 - Worcester Sharks
- Preds Recall Rinne, Ads Summon Darling - Milwaukee Admirals
- Monarchs Weekly Report - Manchester Monarchs
- Streak Comes to An End as Hogs Take Three Points - Rockford IceHogs
- Rockford's Morin, Abbotsford's Granlund, San Antonio's Markstrom Earn AHL Honors - AHL
- Abbotsford Heat Center Markus Granlund Named CCM/AHL Rookie of the Month - Abbotsford Heat
- Jacob Markstrom Named CCM/AHL Goaltender of the Month - San Antonio Rampage
- Lightning Recall G Anders Lindback from Syracuse - Syracuse Crunch
- Falcons Weekly Notes - Springfield Falcons
- Rock Report - St. John's IceCaps
- San Antonio Rampage Weekly - San Antonio Rampage
- Weekly: Bulldogs Host Barons, Penguins, Monsters - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Wolves Weekly Notes - Chicago Wolves
- Barons Week in Review - Oklahoma City Barons
- Oklahoma City's Mark Arcobello Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week - AHL
- Jaskin Rejoins the Wolves - Chicago Wolves
- Canadiens Assign Drewiske to Bulldogs - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Lefebvre and Mullane Recalled - Rockford IceHogs
- Andy Miele Bobblehead Giveaway Sunday - Portland Pirates
- Wolf Pack Weekly - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Cal Heeter Returned to Phantoms - Adirondack Phantoms
- Bears Enter Final Full Month in Tight Division Battle - Hershey Bears
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.