Saltdogs Upcoming Promotions: July 23 - 28
The Saltdogs have today off after splitting a road series with Wichita (42-20) this past weekend. The 'Dogs will open a six-game homestand tomorrow night at 7:05 pm when they host Trois-Rivieres Aigles of the Can-Am League for a three-game series. The Saltdogs then welcome the Sioux Falls Canaries for three games beginning Friday night.
This weeks' homestand is jam packed with promotions. On Wednesday night, local restaurants will offer $1 food samples with proceeds from the event supporting the Lincoln Food Bank. On Saturday, craft beer lovers will unite for the 2nd Annual Haymarket Park Beer Fest and the Breezeway Bank will help us celebrate Jimmy Buffett Night. The homestand concludes Sunday with Faith and Family Night with activities sponsored by First Free Church. Activities for Sunday include- a tornado machine, characters, free fun zone passes, truck painting, tattoo station, and promotional items.
See you at the park.
TIME DATE DAY OPPONENT PROMOTIONS
7:05 PM July 23 Tue. Trois-Rivieres Amigos Tasty Tuesday: $1 Tacos -
Dance Party Night
Media Sponsor: 106.3 KFRX
7:05 PM July 24 Wed. Trois-Rivieres US Bank Five Star Service
Guaranteed Win Wednesday -
Saltdogs T-Shirt Giveaway sponsored by Nelnet
Saltdogs Fan Feast benefitting Lincoln Food Bank ($1 food samples from local restaurants)
7:05 PM July 25 Thu. Trois-Rivieres Thirsty Thursday w/ $1 Busch Light Cans and Pepsi Products -
Girls Night Out
Media Sponsor: 104.1 The Blaze
7:05 PM July 26 Fri. Sioux Falls Flashback Friday: 1983 -
Pepsi Fireworks Show
Media Sponsor: 92.9 The Eagle
7:05 PM July 27 Sat. Sioux Falls Goodcents Grand Salami Saturday-
Haymarket Park Beer Fest (must have Beer Fest Ticket)
Jimmy Buffett Night with the Breezeway Band
Media Sponsor: KX 96.9
5:05 PM July 28 Sun. Sioux Falls McDonald's Sunday Fun Day-
Faith and Family Night presented by First Free Church
Media Sponsor: Spirit 102.7 FM
'Dogs Speedster Carroll Signed By Braves The Saltdogs are proud to announce that center fielder Daniel Carroll was signed by the Atlanta Braves on July 13. Carroll became the fifth player Lincoln has sold to a Major League Baseball organization since the season began.
Carroll was hitting .303 with seven home runs, 30 RBI and 22 stolen bases (which ranked second in the American Association).
Carroll joined Dennis Raben (Royals), Joe Bisenius (Braves), Eddie McKiernan (D-backs) and Jose Gil (Yankees) as players that started the 2013 season with the Saltdogs before being purchased by MLB clubs.
The five players Lincoln has sold to big league organizations during the season already matches a league record, which was set by the Saltdogs in 2011. The Saltdogs have now signed 45 players to MLB systems since 2001.
Haymarket Park Beer Fest Purchase your Beer Fest tickets now to avoid ticket lines and increased walk-up ticket prices. The 2013 Haymarket Park Beer Fest features live music, Saltdogs baseball, and of course BEER! Sample your favorite local, regional, and national beers with ticket proceeds benefitting Relay for Life of Lincoln.
• Discuss this story on the American Association message board...
American Association Stories from July 22, 2013
- Lemurs Down T-Bones in Series Opener - Kansas City T-Bones
- Explorers Drop Series Opener To Railcats - Sioux City Explorers
- Lemurs Top T-Bones - Laredo Lemurs
- Sox Blank Wingnuts in Series Opener - Wichita Wingnuts
- American Association Game Recaps - AA
- RailCats Ride Good Pitching to 3-2 Win - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- Goodwin Selected as League Hitter of the Week - Kansas City T-Bones
- Wingnuts Add K-State Star Davis - Wichita Wingnuts
- Wichita Wingnuts Game Notes - July 22nd, 2013 - Wichita Wingnuts
- Hiscock Returns to Rotation - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- Saltdogs Upcoming Promotions: July 23 - 28 - Lincoln Saltdogs
- Lemurs Home Tonight for Six Games - Laredo Lemurs
- Chris Smith Tabbed as Pitcher of the Week - Wichita Wingnuts
- AirHogs get ready for July 23-28 Homestand and appearance on WFAA-TV (Ch. 8) - Grand Prairie AirHogs
- AirHogs End Road Trip on Positive Note - Grand Prairie AirHogs
- Lemurs Split in West Texas - Laredo Lemurs
- Explorers Drop 13-10 Decision To Fargo - Sioux City Explorers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.