Hiscock Returns to Rotation
GARY, IN - The Gary SouthShore RailCats activated right-hander Stephen Hiscock from the inactive list and traded left-handed pitcher Boomer Potts to the Grand Prairie Air Hogs prior to Monday's game with Sioux City.
Hiscock was placed on the inactive list on June 8th, retroactive to May 28th, with a shoulder issue. In three starts before his injury, Hiscock went 0-1 with a 3.93 ERA and allowed 10 runs in 16 innings with 13 strikeouts. Stephen was a valued member of the RailCats 2012 rotation compiling a team-high 12 quality starts and a 3.22 ERA, which ranked fifth in the American Association.
Boomer Potts went 1-1 with the RailCats and recorded a 2.40 ERA in 15 appearances. Potts, who was signed with the RailCats on June 19th, allowed just four earned runs in 15 innings and struck out 10.
In return for the Potts, the RailCats will receive future considerations from Grand Prairie.
The RailCats begin a four-game series with the Sioux City Explorers tonight at U. S. Steel Yard. First pitch is scheduled for 7:10 p.m.
One lucky fan will have a chance to take three swings to take 3 swings to hit a home run and if that lucky fan does hit it out of the park with a home run they'll win $10,000 in the RailCats July JACK-pot. For more information on July JACK-pot, call 219 882-2255.
• Discuss this story on the American Association message board...
American Association Stories from July 22, 2013
- Lemurs Down T-Bones in Series Opener - Kansas City T-Bones
- Explorers Drop Series Opener To Railcats - Sioux City Explorers
- Lemurs Top T-Bones - Laredo Lemurs
- Sox Blank Wingnuts in Series Opener - Wichita Wingnuts
- American Association Game Recaps - AA
- RailCats Ride Good Pitching to 3-2 Win - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- Goodwin Selected as League Hitter of the Week - Kansas City T-Bones
- Wingnuts Add K-State Star Davis - Wichita Wingnuts
- Wichita Wingnuts Game Notes - July 22nd, 2013 - Wichita Wingnuts
- Hiscock Returns to Rotation - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- Saltdogs Upcoming Promotions: July 23 - 28 - Lincoln Saltdogs
- Lemurs Home Tonight for Six Games - Laredo Lemurs
- Chris Smith Tabbed as Pitcher of the Week - Wichita Wingnuts
- AirHogs get ready for July 23-28 Homestand and appearance on WFAA-TV (Ch. 8) - Grand Prairie AirHogs
- AirHogs End Road Trip on Positive Note - Grand Prairie AirHogs
- Lemurs Split in West Texas - Laredo Lemurs
- Explorers Drop 13-10 Decision To Fargo - Sioux City Explorers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Gary SouthShore Railcats Stories
- Anthem BlueCross BlueShield Announces No Cost Flu Clinics at the Steel Yard
- American Association Designated as Partner League of MLB
- RailCats Announce the Greens at the Steel Yard Event
- Gary SouthShore RailCats, Schaumburg Boomers to Add Black Lives Matters Patches to Team Jerseys
- RailCats Announce New Special Events and Facility Rental Opportunities