AirHogs End Road Trip on Positive Note
St. Paul- Grand Prairie started off the scoring early and held on to win 5-3 in the finale of a five-game series with the St. Paul Saints Sunday afternoon at Midway Stadium. The AirHogs jumped off to a 3-0 lead in the first inning with two runs coming off a Palmer Karr home run. Karr has his first home run with the AirHogs this season. Also going deep for the AirHogs was Angel Flores. This was Flores' fifth home run this year. Flores went 2-for-4 in the game. Yasutsugu Nishimoto went 1-for-2 in the game scoring a run and both Rian Kiniry and Ryan Pineda went 2-for-5.
Picking up his seventh win of the year was AirHogs starting pitcher Josh Strawn, who went 7.2 innings and only allowing three runs on nine hits. Strawn struck out four Saints. Justin Dowdy came in and struck out the last batter of the eighth allowing no hits. Patrick Mincey picked up his 13th save pitching the ninth inning. Mincey gave up no hits and struck out one.
The AirHogs will have Monday off and then return home to start a three-game series with the El Paso Diablos. The first game of the series is set for 7:05 P.M. at QuikTrip Park on Tuesday night.
• Discuss this story on the American Association message board...
American Association Stories from July 22, 2013
- Lemurs Down T-Bones in Series Opener - Kansas City T-Bones
- Explorers Drop Series Opener To Railcats - Sioux City Explorers
- Lemurs Top T-Bones - Laredo Lemurs
- Sox Blank Wingnuts in Series Opener - Wichita Wingnuts
- American Association Game Recaps - AA
- RailCats Ride Good Pitching to 3-2 Win - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- Goodwin Selected as League Hitter of the Week - Kansas City T-Bones
- Wingnuts Add K-State Star Davis - Wichita Wingnuts
- Wichita Wingnuts Game Notes - July 22nd, 2013 - Wichita Wingnuts
- Hiscock Returns to Rotation - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- Saltdogs Upcoming Promotions: July 23 - 28 - Lincoln Saltdogs
- Lemurs Home Tonight for Six Games - Laredo Lemurs
- Chris Smith Tabbed as Pitcher of the Week - Wichita Wingnuts
- AirHogs get ready for July 23-28 Homestand and appearance on WFAA-TV (Ch. 8) - Grand Prairie AirHogs
- AirHogs End Road Trip on Positive Note - Grand Prairie AirHogs
- Lemurs Split in West Texas - Laredo Lemurs
- Explorers Drop 13-10 Decision To Fargo - Sioux City Explorers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Grand Prairie AirHogs Stories
- Weekend Ballpark Parking Announced
- AirHogs Outduel Lemurs
- AirHogs Rally late to Beat ThunderHeads
- Even Year Old Heart Recipient Throws Out Ceremonial First Pitch
- AirHogs Walk Over Lemurs