American Association Game Recaps
July 22, 2013 - American Association (AA) News Release
Amarillo 4, Wichita 0
Amarillo Sox Starter Joe Newby put together a strong performance on the mound as the Sox blanked the Wichita Wingnuts 4-0. Newby went eight innings and allowed just five hits and three walks. He struck also retired three Wingnuts via strikeout. Reliever Erik Draxton came in to work the ninth and kept the Wingnuts off the board without allowing a hit. Offensively, C Trey Ford provided two RBI including a homerun in the fourth inning. 1B Jorge Delgado was the only Sox player to have more than one hit as he was 2-for-3. For the Wingnuts, 1B C.J. Ziegler was 2-for-4.
Gary SouthShore 3, Sioux City 2
All of the offense in the Gary SouthShore RailCats' 3-2 win over the Sioux City Explorers took place in the sixth inning. The Explorers broke the scoreless tie in the top of the sixth when a single by DH Luke Murton pushed SS Leugim Barroso - who was 3-for-4 in the game - across and 1B Austin Gallagher scored on an error on the play. The RailCats responded in the bottom of the frame with an RBI double by CF Mike Massaro, who was 2-for-4 in the game. Massaro later scored the game-tying run on a single by DH Christian Vitters, C Craig Maddox also scored on the play - giving the RailCats the lead. Gary SouthShore's 2B Daniel Pulfer was the only other player to have a multi-hit game for either team.
Laredo 4, Kansas City 2
Eight different Lemurs racked up 11 hits as Laredo edged past the Kansas City T-Bones 4-2. Three Lemurs had multi-hit games including DH John Allen who was 2-for-4 with an RBI. RF Mike Sheridan and 2B Garrett Rau both added one RBI. The Lemurs jumped out to an early lead with three runs in the second inning. For the T-Bones, 3B Matt Padgett and C Petey Paramore had a team-high two hits. Laredo starter Fabrian Williamson was tabbed as the winner for his 7.0 inning effort in which he scattered seven hits, allowed two earned runs and struck out three batters.
• Discuss this story on the American Association message board...
American Association Stories from July 22, 2013
- Lemurs Down T-Bones in Series Opener - Kansas City T-Bones
- Explorers Drop Series Opener To Railcats - Sioux City Explorers
- Lemurs Top T-Bones - Laredo Lemurs
- Sox Blank Wingnuts in Series Opener - Wichita Wingnuts
- American Association Game Recaps - AA
- RailCats Ride Good Pitching to 3-2 Win - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- Goodwin Selected as League Hitter of the Week - Kansas City T-Bones
- Wingnuts Add K-State Star Davis - Wichita Wingnuts
- Wichita Wingnuts Game Notes - July 22nd, 2013 - Wichita Wingnuts
- Hiscock Returns to Rotation - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- Saltdogs Upcoming Promotions: July 23 - 28 - Lincoln Saltdogs
- Lemurs Home Tonight for Six Games - Laredo Lemurs
- Chris Smith Tabbed as Pitcher of the Week - Wichita Wingnuts
- AirHogs get ready for July 23-28 Homestand and appearance on WFAA-TV (Ch. 8) - Grand Prairie AirHogs
- AirHogs End Road Trip on Positive Note - Grand Prairie AirHogs
- Lemurs Split in West Texas - Laredo Lemurs
- Explorers Drop 13-10 Decision To Fargo - Sioux City Explorers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.