Explorers Drop 13-10 Decision To Fargo
Sioux City-----Fargo-Moorhead jumped out to a 7-0 lead in the third inning, but the Explorers came back with five runs in the bottom of the third, but eventually lost to the Red Hawks 13-10 in a wild Sunday night game at Lewis and Clark Park.
The victory gave Fargo-Moorhead the series as they won three of the four games.
Between both teams there was a total of 33 hits in the game with Fargo-Moorhead getting 19 hits, the most the Explorers had given up this season.
The Explorers had 14 hits with five of those hits coming off the bat of Austin Gallagher. He became the first player this year with five hits for the Explorers.
Starter Andy Noga took the loss for the Explorers while relief pitcher Nathan Kilcrease was the winner for the RedHawks. Chase Johnson pitched the ninth to record the save.
The Explorers will begin a seven-day road trip Monday with a four-game series at Gary and then three more games at Fargo next weekend. The X's will return home Monday, July 29th against Gary.
• Discuss this story on the American Association message board...
American Association Stories from July 22, 2013
- Lemurs Down T-Bones in Series Opener - Kansas City T-Bones
- Explorers Drop Series Opener To Railcats - Sioux City Explorers
- Lemurs Top T-Bones - Laredo Lemurs
- Sox Blank Wingnuts in Series Opener - Wichita Wingnuts
- American Association Game Recaps - AA
- RailCats Ride Good Pitching to 3-2 Win - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- Goodwin Selected as League Hitter of the Week - Kansas City T-Bones
- Wingnuts Add K-State Star Davis - Wichita Wingnuts
- Wichita Wingnuts Game Notes - July 22nd, 2013 - Wichita Wingnuts
- Hiscock Returns to Rotation - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- Saltdogs Upcoming Promotions: July 23 - 28 - Lincoln Saltdogs
- Lemurs Home Tonight for Six Games - Laredo Lemurs
- Chris Smith Tabbed as Pitcher of the Week - Wichita Wingnuts
- AirHogs get ready for July 23-28 Homestand and appearance on WFAA-TV (Ch. 8) - Grand Prairie AirHogs
- AirHogs End Road Trip on Positive Note - Grand Prairie AirHogs
- Lemurs Split in West Texas - Laredo Lemurs
- Explorers Drop 13-10 Decision To Fargo - Sioux City Explorers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.