Sabres Recall Thompson from Rochester
(Rochester, NY) - The Buffalo Sabres (NHL) announced today that the team has recalled forward Tage Thompson from the Rochester Americans (AHL).
Thompson, 22, earns his first recall of the season to Buffalo after recording six goals and six assists for 12 points in 15 games with Rochester to begin the 2019-20 campaign. He's also second in the American Hockey League with a team-high 67 shots on goal and averaging at least four shots per game.
Last season, Thompson, a native of Phoenix, Arizona, skated in eight games with Rochester, recording nine points (6+3) while also scoring two goals in three Calder Cup Playoff games.
A first-round selection (16th overall) of the St. Louis Blues in 2016, the 6-foot-7, 215-pound forward has registered 21 points (10+11) in 106 career NHL games with Buffalo and St. Louis while also adding 41 points (21+20) in 69 AHL appearances with Chicago, Rochester and San Antonio.
Individual game tickets for the 2019-20 season start at just $16. Amerks 2019-20 Season Ticket Memberships, which start as low as just $14 per game, are on-sale now. Full-season ticket member benefits include, but are not limited to, Riverside Club VIP Room access with Amerks Alumni, family meet and greet and annual Skate with the Players event, an exclusive preseason Ice Breaker Party and much more. For more information, visit www.amerks.com or call 1-855-GO-AMERKS.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from November 17, 2019
- Iowa Drops 4-3 Contest to Chicago - Iowa Wild
- Wolves Overcome the Wild - Chicago Wolves
- Moose Continue Streak, Stretch above .500 - Manitoba Moose
- Lias Andersson Assigned by NY Rangers, Tim Gettinger Recalled - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Toronto Marlies Edge Texas Stars 4-3 - Texas Stars
- Maier Scores Twice as Moose Top Rampage - San Antonio Rampage
- Eagles Recall Forward Ty Lewis - Colorado Eagles
- 'Canes Recall Luostarinen from Charlotte - Charlotte Checkers
- Hicketts Assigned to Griffins - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Marlies Close out Back-To-Back against Texas - Toronto Marlies
- Center Rhett Gardner Added to Texas from Dallas - Texas Stars
- Flames Recall Dillon Dube - Stockton Heat
- Chicago Wolves Add Pirri, Roy - Chicago Wolves
- IceHogs, Versteeg Mutually Agree on Release from AHL Contract - Rockford IceHogs
- Sabres Recall Thompson from Rochester - Rochester Americans
- Game 15 Preview: Tucson at San Jose - Tucson Roadrunners
- Reign Bested by Gulls - Ontario Reign
- Gulls' Streak Continues with 5-1 Win - San Diego Gulls
- Barracuda Handed Sixth-Straight Loss After Late Collapse in Stockton - San Jose Barracuda
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Rochester Americans Stories
- Give the Gift of Hockey with Amerks 65th Anniversary Holiday Packs
- Amerks Partner with T-Mobile for 'Fueling the Frontlines' Community Outreach Initiative
- Sabres Sign Tokarski to Multi-Year Deal
- Cyclones Extend Affiliation Agreement with the Buffalo Sabres & Rochester Americans
- Fogarty Agrees to One-Year Deal with Sabres