Rox Score Season High 12 Runs, Sweep Duluth
Duluth, MN - St. Cloud (11-10) scored their most runs of the season as they swept Duluth (8-14) by a final score of 12-3 at Wade Stadium. The Rox have now won three games in a row.
After falling behind 2-0 in the first inning, St. Cloud would score 12 consecutive runs. Garrett Delano (Brown) singled in the top of the second inning and would later score on a passed ball to cut the deficit in half.
The Rox would explode for five runs in the top of the third inning. Garret Nielsen (California-Berkeley) scored on a wild pitch and Ben Carew (Kent State) would soon score on a passed ball. Parker Smejkal (Nebraska-Omaha) singled and drove in Brady Harlan (Oklahoma). Hance Smith (California-Berkeley) scored the fourth and fifth runs of the inning on a 2-RBI double down the left field line.
In the top of the fourth inning, Zack Elliott (Minnesota) scored on a throwing error from the catcher. The other run of the inning came from a Harlan RBI sac-fly to center field that scored Carew.
The scoring would continue in the top of the fifth inning as the Rox plated two more runs. The Huskies shortstop airmailed the first baseman and allowed Smith and Nielsen to score via the throwing error.
Another two runs came across in the top of the sixth inning after Brendan Tinsman (Wake Forest) and Smith each recorded an RBI sac-fly.
Ben Dotzler (Creighton) earned the win in his first start with the Rox after he tossed five strong innings. Lucas Gather (California-Berkeley) and Rhyse Dee (Wake Forest) both pitched two innings out of the bullpen.
For the full box score from Sunday's game, click here.
St. Cloud returns home on Tuesday against the Willmar Stingers with a 7:05 p.m. first pitch time. It's Bark in the Park Night presented by Granite City Pet Hospital. The first 200 dogs receive a Rox Retractable Leash. All dogs enter through the general admission first base gate.
All single games tickets - including to the home opener - can be purchased now in person at the Rox Ticket Office located at the Municipal Athletic Complex, by calling the Rox Ticket office at 320-240-9798 between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m., Monday through Friday or 24 hours a day by visiting www.stcloudrox.com.
• Discuss this story on the Northwoods League message board...
Northwoods League Stories from June 18, 2019
- Loggers split home-and-home series with Eau Claire - La Crosse Loggers
- Booyah Get Fourth Shutout of the Season - Green Bay Booyah
- Stingers Lose in St. Cloud - Willmar Stingers
- Mallards Blow Past Woodchucks 7-2 - Madison Mallards
- Rox Win Their Fourth Game in a Row, Defeat Willmar at the Rock Pile - St. Cloud Rox
- Rafters Win Close Contest with Chinooks - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- Woodchucks Start Strong But Can't Hang on to Win against Madison - Wisconsin Woodchucks
- Bismarck Larks Shutout Huskies in Game One - Duluth Huskies
- Pit Spitters Fall to Jackrabbits 6-1 in Divisional Tilt - Traverse City Pit Spitters
- Two-Game Home Set with Chinooks Starts for Rafters - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- Capital Credit Union Park to Host 'Rumble on the Bay' on August 24 - Green Bay Booyah
- Rafters Tradition of Honoring Military Continues - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- Free Car Wash for All Veterans and Active Military - Willmar Stingers
- Dock Spiders Homestand Highlights (June 20-22) - Fond du Lac Dock Spiders
- Chinooks Walk to Wild Win - Lakeshore Chinooks
- Late Inning Rally Spoils Dock Spiders Chances - Fond du Lac Dock Spiders
- Mallards Sink Rafters 4-1 for Series Split - Madison Mallards
- Rox Score Season High 12 Runs, Sweep Duluth - St. Cloud Rox
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent St. Cloud Rox Stories
- Lewis Introduced as New Rox Field Manager
- Former Rox Outfielder Friedl Makes MLB Debut with Reds
- Rox Project S.A.V.E. Foundation Launches 'RBI Club' Serves as Pilot Program for St. Cloud Area School District
- Rox Fall in Championship, Finish Season with Franchise-Record 53 Wins
- Rox Set to Host Pit Spitters for Northwoods League Title Game on Friday