Rafters Win Close Contest with Chinooks
Wisconsin Rapids, Wis. - The Wisconsin Rapids Rafters (12-9) took an early lead and hung on late to pick up a 3-2 win over the Lakeshore Chinooks (7-16) Tuesday night.
CJ Willis launched a two-out pitch over the wall in right-center for a two-run home run in the first inning. Lakeshore came back with one run in both the fifth and sixth innings to tie the game 2-2. In the bottom of the seventh, Harry Fullerton scored on a wild pitch and the Rafters retook the lead for good 3-2.
Rafters starter Nate Barnes pitched 5.2 innings, striking out five batters and giving up two runs on four hits. Cal Djuraskovic pitched a clean inning and a third in relief to get the win. Jimmy Borzone did not give up a hit over the final two innings and earned the save. Lakeshore's Trevor Tietz got the loss as the starter.
The Rafters and Chinooks face off again Wednesday night at Historic Witter Field for the series finale, featuring a Kwik Trip coffee tumbler giveaway.
Want to attend a Rafters game this season? Single-game tickets are on sale now. For more information on all Rafters ticket offerings visit Raftersbaseball.com, call the Rafthouse at 715-424-5400, or come visit us over at historic Witter Field. The Rafters ticket office is open from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday at Witter Field, 521 Lincoln Street in Wisconsin Rapids.
• Discuss this story on the Northwoods League message board...
Northwoods League Stories from June 18, 2019
- Loggers split home-and-home series with Eau Claire - La Crosse Loggers
- Booyah Get Fourth Shutout of the Season - Green Bay Booyah
- Stingers Lose in St. Cloud - Willmar Stingers
- Mallards Blow Past Woodchucks 7-2 - Madison Mallards
- Rox Win Their Fourth Game in a Row, Defeat Willmar at the Rock Pile - St. Cloud Rox
- Rafters Win Close Contest with Chinooks - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- Woodchucks Start Strong But Can't Hang on to Win against Madison - Wisconsin Woodchucks
- Bismarck Larks Shutout Huskies in Game One - Duluth Huskies
- Pit Spitters Fall to Jackrabbits 6-1 in Divisional Tilt - Traverse City Pit Spitters
- Two-Game Home Set with Chinooks Starts for Rafters - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- Capital Credit Union Park to Host 'Rumble on the Bay' on August 24 - Green Bay Booyah
- Rafters Tradition of Honoring Military Continues - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- Free Car Wash for All Veterans and Active Military - Willmar Stingers
- Dock Spiders Homestand Highlights (June 20-22) - Fond du Lac Dock Spiders
- Chinooks Walk to Wild Win - Lakeshore Chinooks
- Late Inning Rally Spoils Dock Spiders Chances - Fond du Lac Dock Spiders
- Mallards Sink Rafters 4-1 for Series Split - Madison Mallards
- Rox Score Season High 12 Runs, Sweep Duluth - St. Cloud Rox
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.