Woodchucks Start Strong But Can't Hang on to Win against Madison
WAUSAU, WI - The Wisconsin Woodchucks played their second game of the homestand against the Madison Mallards. The Woodchucks started off strong but were unable to hold the lead and lost with a final score of 7-2.
In the first inning, Woodchucks had a strong start. TJ Reeves hit a single bringing Brandon Seltzer in for the first run of the game. Shortly after, Angel Tiburcio was able to return the favor with a double to bring home TJ Reeves and the Woodchucks went up 2-0.
From here on out, the Woodchucks could not get things going on offense. Madison responded quickly in the third with a run brought in by Logan Michaels. Then with runners on second and third, Justin Wiley scored off a wild pitch, with Logan Michaels advancing to third. Finally, Drew Benefield hit a single that brought in Logan Michaels for another run.
Later in the fifth inning, Madison put runners on second and third and a double by Benefield brought in two more for Madison. Again in the seventh, Drew Benefield hit a two run home run to give the Mallards a 7-2 lead and they hung on to beat the Woodchucks.
Angel Tiburcio had one hit and one RBI.
TJ Reeves hit a single and one RBI.
The Wisconsin Woodchucks will travel to Madison tomorrow to face the Mallards. The game will be at 6:35 PM. The Woodchucks will return home on Thursday, June 20th to face the Lakeshore Chinooks. It will be Woodchucks Toy Night, presented by Kristo Orthodontics. Buzz and Woody will be in attendance for pictures and autographs. The Woodchucks will also be home on Friday and Sunday. A Post-Game TV Show Theme Songs Firework Show will be held on Friday night, presented by Cellcom. Sunday will be Faith & Family Day. Join us for some fellowship with music, baseball and post-game kids can run the bases, presented by Yach's Body & Custom and Grebe's! For tickets, call us at 715.845.5055, stop by our front office, or visit woodchucks.com.
• Discuss this story on the Northwoods League message board...
Northwoods League Stories from June 18, 2019
- Loggers split home-and-home series with Eau Claire - La Crosse Loggers
- Booyah Get Fourth Shutout of the Season - Green Bay Booyah
- Stingers Lose in St. Cloud - Willmar Stingers
- Mallards Blow Past Woodchucks 7-2 - Madison Mallards
- Rox Win Their Fourth Game in a Row, Defeat Willmar at the Rock Pile - St. Cloud Rox
- Rafters Win Close Contest with Chinooks - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- Woodchucks Start Strong But Can't Hang on to Win against Madison - Wisconsin Woodchucks
- Bismarck Larks Shutout Huskies in Game One - Duluth Huskies
- Pit Spitters Fall to Jackrabbits 6-1 in Divisional Tilt - Traverse City Pit Spitters
- Two-Game Home Set with Chinooks Starts for Rafters - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- Capital Credit Union Park to Host 'Rumble on the Bay' on August 24 - Green Bay Booyah
- Rafters Tradition of Honoring Military Continues - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- Free Car Wash for All Veterans and Active Military - Willmar Stingers
- Dock Spiders Homestand Highlights (June 20-22) - Fond du Lac Dock Spiders
- Chinooks Walk to Wild Win - Lakeshore Chinooks
- Late Inning Rally Spoils Dock Spiders Chances - Fond du Lac Dock Spiders
- Mallards Sink Rafters 4-1 for Series Split - Madison Mallards
- Rox Score Season High 12 Runs, Sweep Duluth - St. Cloud Rox
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.