Booyah Get Fourth Shutout of the Season
Ashwaubenon, WI- The Green Bay Booyah found another electric left-handed arm on the mound and used it to their advantage in a 1-0 win over Fond du Lac on Tuesday night.
In his first start with Green Bay, Tommy Miller shined, going six innings, and giving up only five hits. Just like he was in college at Siena, Miller was a workhorse in his first outing for the Booyah.
Out of the bullpen, Luke Wallner threw two innings, allowing one hit, and again putting zeros on the scoreboard. Wallner is yet to allow an earned run out of the 'pen this year. In the ninth, Chandler Ingram came on in his first save opportunity. Ingram gave up a double with one down, but stranded pinch runner Cam McMillan at second base and picked his first save of the season.
At the plate, Green Bay only collected three hits, but Blaise Maris went 2-3 and picked up the lone RBI on the day. Ali LaPread went 1-3 in his first start with the Booyah, and scored the only run of the game in the third inning.
"I just went back to what I was doing during school ball, and keeping things simple." Maris said. "I got a couple good pitches in tough counts and was able to get us a run."
As for being the grandson of the great Roger Maris, Blaise gets reminded in the Midwest more than anywhere else.
"Definitely being around the baseball field it comes up a lot. I don't mind it at all, it's really cool to hear about him so I never got to meet him. In the Midwest though, a lot of older people come up and talk to me about it before and after games."
For Green Bay, they take on the Dock Spiders once again tomorrow at home at 7:05. Nick Riggle is set to make his fourth start of the year.
Capital Credit Union Park features over 1,500 free parking spots within a 5 minute walk. Visit booyahbaseball.com for details.
Images from this story
Green Bay Booyah pitcher Tommy Miller
• Discuss this story on the Northwoods League message board...
Northwoods League Stories from June 18, 2019
- Loggers split home-and-home series with Eau Claire - La Crosse Loggers
- Booyah Get Fourth Shutout of the Season - Green Bay Booyah
- Stingers Lose in St. Cloud - Willmar Stingers
- Mallards Blow Past Woodchucks 7-2 - Madison Mallards
- Rox Win Their Fourth Game in a Row, Defeat Willmar at the Rock Pile - St. Cloud Rox
- Rafters Win Close Contest with Chinooks - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- Woodchucks Start Strong But Can't Hang on to Win against Madison - Wisconsin Woodchucks
- Bismarck Larks Shutout Huskies in Game One - Duluth Huskies
- Pit Spitters Fall to Jackrabbits 6-1 in Divisional Tilt - Traverse City Pit Spitters
- Two-Game Home Set with Chinooks Starts for Rafters - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- Capital Credit Union Park to Host 'Rumble on the Bay' on August 24 - Green Bay Booyah
- Rafters Tradition of Honoring Military Continues - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- Free Car Wash for All Veterans and Active Military - Willmar Stingers
- Dock Spiders Homestand Highlights (June 20-22) - Fond du Lac Dock Spiders
- Chinooks Walk to Wild Win - Lakeshore Chinooks
- Late Inning Rally Spoils Dock Spiders Chances - Fond du Lac Dock Spiders
- Mallards Sink Rafters 4-1 for Series Split - Madison Mallards
- Rox Score Season High 12 Runs, Sweep Duluth - St. Cloud Rox
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Green Bay Booyah Stories
- Black Friday, Cyber Monday & December 3rd Blowout Sale Info
- Booyah Announce 2021 Northwoods League Schedule
- Family Math...With a Focus on Fun and You
- Booyah Announce Rocky Bal-Booyah's Turkey Day Coloring Contest
- Booyah Announces Rocky Bal-Booyah's Turkey Day Coloring Contest