Rox Runaway in Eighth to Bury MoonDogs Streak MondayÃÂ
St. Cloud, Minn. - The Mankato MoonDogs lost their first game in over a week to the St. Cloud Rox, 15-5, on the road Monday night.
Big seventh and eighth innings for St. Cloud propelled them clear past Mankato, who have been among the hottest teams in the Northwoods League. After the Rox scored three times in the seventh, MoonDogs third baseman Jake Thompson, launched his fourth home run, a two-run shot to cut the deficit in half to 7-5. More so, it fueled St. Cloud's offense and they went on to bat around in the bottom half for eight runs on six hits. They also got help from two errors in rounding out their 15-5 win.
The MoonDogs scored first Monday.Â Michael CurialleÂ got them on the board first with a single to left in the second to score Thompson andÂ Tanner Craig. Curialle stole second before scoring in the next at bat on aÂ Zach KokoskaÂ RBI single. The MoonDogs led 3-0 after the top half of the second.
In the bottom half, the Rox had a counter for the Dogs early surge. They one upped the visiting MoonDogs with four runs on one hit. Walks were an issue for Mankato and the second inning ended with St. Cloud leading, 4-3.
From that point on it was entirely the Rox game aside from Thompson's eighth-inning blast. Ultimately, the MoonDogs six-game heater came to an end, 15-5, Monday evening.
The box score saw a hot night for St. Cloud on the basepaths as the hosting Rox stole five bases. They also outhit the MoonDogs, 14-6, and played stauncher defense with one error to Mankato's three.
Landen BourassaÂ earned St. Cloud's win Monday. In relief, Bourassa pitched scoreless, no-hit baseball from the third on through the seventh inning. He walked and struck out a pair along the way.
MoonDogs starter,Â Deylen Miley, got the loss Monday. Miley's fourth start saw him pitch two innings. In the second, he allowed four runs and a hit for two knocks total on the night.
The Mankato MoonDogs (9-13) return to Franklin Rogers Park tomorrow to take on the St. Cloud Rox (10-9) and close out the two-game, home-and-home, series. First pitch is scheduled for 6:35 p.m.
• Discuss this story on the Northwoods League message board...
Northwoods League Stories from July 28, 2020
- Rafters Win 8-3 with Impressive Power Display - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- Larks Grind out Third-Straight Win - Bismarck Larks
- Rafters Down Woodchucks on Tuesday Night, 8-3 - Wisconsin Woodchucks
- Spitters Walk Their Way to Victory - Traverse City Pit Spitters
- Growlers Come up Big in the Clutch, Win the Day against Battle Creek - Kalamazoo Growlers
- Rox Rally Late, Drop Close Game to Mankato - St. Cloud Rox
- Barringer, MoonDogs Power Past Rox to Split Series TuesdayÃÂ - Mankato MoonDogs
- Bombers Give up Runs Late, Drop Third Game in Last Four - Battle Creek Bombers
- MoonDogs Approved to Increase Capacity - Mankato MoonDogs
- Rafters Ride Mid-Season Wave into Woodchucks Series - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- Green Bay Opens up Two-Game Home Stand - Green Bay Booyah
- Wilco and Trampled by Turtles Concert Rescheduled to 2021 - Green Bay Booyah
- Jon McGlocklin MACC Fund Bobblehead Available - Lakeshore Chinooks
- Honkers Approved to Allow Greater Capacity - Rochester Honkers
- Woodchucks Fall to Booyah on Monday Night, 11-1 - Wisconsin Woodchucks
- Rox Hammer MoonDogs, Win Series Opener - St. Cloud Rox
- Dock Spiders Bounce Back with 8-4 Win over Rockford - Fond du Lac Dock Spiders
- Rafters Win Streak Snapped in 10-5 Loss in La Crosse - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- Honkers Muster Only Five Hits in Shutout Loss - Rochester Honkers
- Rox Runaway in Eighth to Bury MoonDogs Streak MondayÃÂ - Mankato MoonDogs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Mankato MoonDogs Stories
- Bucks Six-Run Second Enough to Sweep MoonDogs Saturday
- Bucks Prance Past MoonDogs in First Night of Two-Game Series
- Stingers Complete Sweep of MoonDogs in Willmar ThursdayÃÂ
- Stingers Take First Game of Home-And-Home in Mankato WednesdayÃÂ
- Barringer, MoonDogs Power Past Rox to Split Series TuesdayÃÂ