MoonDogs Approved to Increase Capacity
MANKATO, MN. - Â Under new guidelines set by the Minnesota Department of Health, the Mankato MoonDogs will now allow 125 more fans into Franklin Rogers Park for each remaining home game in this 2020 season, totaling a maximum of 375 fans beginning Wednesday, July 29.
As per the guidelines, there will be two distinct "pods" located in the ballpark.Â Each pod, as is required, will have its own entrance/exit, bathrooms and concessions available.Â Contact between pods will not be permitted.
"Pod 1" will consist of 250 ticket holders socially distanced between the main grandstand, the dugout club areas and the berm located down the right field line.Â All fans with "Pod 1" tickets will be required to enter through the main entrance located on the first base side at Franklin Rogers Park.
"Pod 2" will consist of 125 additional ticket holders that will have access to socially distanced seating in the Dog Pound and the bleachers located down the left field line.Â All fans with "Pod 2" tickets will be required to enter through the left field entrance, located off of Hope Street.
With the new guidelines in place the MoonDogs organization will now be able offer tickets to non-season ticket holders for the first time in 2020, however, all tickets must be pre-purchased by calling the MoonDogs office at 507-625-7047.Â No walk-up ticket sales will be allowed under the new guidelines.
"We're thrilled to be able to welcome more fans to Franklin Rogers Park for the remainder of this season," MoonDogs general manager Justin White said.Â "We have taken every precaution to ensure our increased capacity continues to remain safe while creating life-long family memories at the ballpark."
• Discuss this story on the Northwoods League message board...
Northwoods League Stories from July 28, 2020
- Rafters Win 8-3 with Impressive Power Display - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- Larks Grind out Third-Straight Win - Bismarck Larks
- Rafters Down Woodchucks on Tuesday Night, 8-3 - Wisconsin Woodchucks
- Spitters Walk Their Way to Victory - Traverse City Pit Spitters
- Growlers Come up Big in the Clutch, Win the Day against Battle Creek - Kalamazoo Growlers
- Rox Rally Late, Drop Close Game to Mankato - St. Cloud Rox
- Barringer, MoonDogs Power Past Rox to Split Series TuesdayÃÂ - Mankato MoonDogs
- Bombers Give up Runs Late, Drop Third Game in Last Four - Battle Creek Bombers
- MoonDogs Approved to Increase Capacity - Mankato MoonDogs
- Rafters Ride Mid-Season Wave into Woodchucks Series - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- Green Bay Opens up Two-Game Home Stand - Green Bay Booyah
- Wilco and Trampled by Turtles Concert Rescheduled to 2021 - Green Bay Booyah
- Jon McGlocklin MACC Fund Bobblehead Available - Lakeshore Chinooks
- Honkers Approved to Allow Greater Capacity - Rochester Honkers
- Woodchucks Fall to Booyah on Monday Night, 11-1 - Wisconsin Woodchucks
- Rox Hammer MoonDogs, Win Series Opener - St. Cloud Rox
- Dock Spiders Bounce Back with 8-4 Win over Rockford - Fond du Lac Dock Spiders
- Rafters Win Streak Snapped in 10-5 Loss in La Crosse - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- Honkers Muster Only Five Hits in Shutout Loss - Rochester Honkers
- Rox Runaway in Eighth to Bury MoonDogs Streak MondayÃÂ - Mankato MoonDogs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Mankato MoonDogs Stories
- Bucks Six-Run Second Enough to Sweep MoonDogs Saturday
- Bucks Prance Past MoonDogs in First Night of Two-Game Series
- Stingers Complete Sweep of MoonDogs in Willmar ThursdayÃÂ
- Stingers Take First Game of Home-And-Home in Mankato WednesdayÃÂ
- Barringer, MoonDogs Power Past Rox to Split Series TuesdayÃÂ