Reno Aces Game Notes at El Paso
Today's Game: Fresh off a dominant 8-2 victory in the series opener, Neftali Feliz and the Aces look to bring their home run swing into game two. Feliz has made two starts thus far in 2018 after 25 relief appearances. Since his move to the starting rotation, Feliz has allowed two earned runs in nine innings of work. Juniel Querecuto is coming off a career-best five-hit performance and three Aces homered last night to start their second half.
Last Game: Christian Walker and the Aces homered past the El Paso Chihuahuas in game one of the four-game set Thursday night. With help from a five-hit performance from Juniel Querecuto, Reno defeated El Paso 8-2 to give Jake Buchanan his sixth win of the season and move the Aces to a record of 43-48. Yasmany Tomas, Kristopher Negron and Walker each hit home runs tonight at Southwest University Park. Buchanan went six strong innings and allowed one run on six hits while striking out five.
JQ's Five: Juniel Querecuto tied an Aces 2018 record tonight in El Paso with five hits in a single contest. The last Aces player to record five hits in a game was 2018 Pacific Coast League All-Star Socrates Brito on April 7th against the Fresno Grizzlies. Querecuto is batting .327 this season and has recorded 11 multi-hit games. His previous career-high came as a member of the Jackson Generals on April 29, 2018 (4-for-5, 2B).
Walker's Homers: With his home run in the top of the third inning last night, Christian Walker is inching closer history. Since joining the Aces in 2017, he's hit 43 home runs, fourth most in franchise history. Just Peter O'Brien (50), Mike Jacobs (55) and Brandon Allen (55) have hit more in an Aces uniform. Walker set the Aces single-season home run record last year on his way to the Pacific Coast League Most Valuable Player award. His 32 home runs were tied for the second most in the PCL - A.J. Reed of Fresno hit 34 and Renato Nunez also hit 32 for Nashville.
Soccer Knowledge: The longest active unbeaten streak in the United Soccer League continued its tour across the USL's Western Conference Wednesday night as Reno 1868 FC took home another three points following a 4-1 drubbing of LA Galaxy II on Wednesday. The win marked Reno's fifth-straight win and 16th-straight match without a loss (club record). It also moved Reno into second place in the Western Conference, one point off the lead. With the win, Reno now enters a short USL break in prime position for a playoff spot. The club will host Liga MX power Morelia Monarcas Saturday (7:30 p.m.) at Greater Nevada Field in a friendly before getting a week off ahead of a July 28 showdown against Saint Louis FC.
Top Three: Jason Camilli has captained the Aces offense into the top three in the Pacific Coast League. As a team, Reno is batting .284 in 91 games with 899 total hits. The Aces are one of four teams in the PCL with over 100 home runs and one of five teams with 500 or more runs scored.
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from July 13, 2018
- OKC Bats Derail Express, 8-5 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Express Drop Game Two 8-5 to Dodgers - Round Rock Express
- Memphis Tops Omaha to Win Fifth Straight - Memphis Redbirds
- : Chihuahuas Game Versus Reno Aces Postponed - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Rodriguez's Late Homer Lifts 'Cakes Past Sox - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Iowa Splits Twin Bill with Nashville - Iowa Cubs
- Sounds Split Doubleheader with I-Cubs - Nashville Sounds
- Bees Return to Smith's Ballpark Monday - Salt Lake Bees
- Salt Lake Bees Return to Smith's Ballpark Monday - Salt Lake Bees
- Winning Streak Hits Five as Sounds Beat Cubs - Nashville Sounds
- Redbirds Offer "Pay-Your-Age" Tickets for Next Friday's Game - Memphis Redbirds
- Fresno Grizzlies Lower Food Prices - Fresno Grizzlies
- Sounds Begin Eight-Game Homestand Monday - Nashville Sounds
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - July 13, 2018 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Reno Aces Game Notes at El Paso - Reno Aces
- Game Notes: Memphis Redbirds (57-34) at Omaha Storm Chasers (40-49) - Memphis Redbirds
- Memphis Redbirds Homestand Highlights (July 16-22) - Memphis Redbirds
- Nashville Sounds Doubleheader Information: Nashville Sounds (43-45) at Iowa Cubs (31-58) - Nashville Sounds
- River Cats late comeback stopped short - Sacramento River Cats
- Three Homers Propel Bees to Win - Salt Lake Bees
- Rainiers Open Second Half With 4-3 Win Over Grizzlies - Tacoma Rainiers
- Tacoma tops Fresno 4-3 Thursday night - Fresno Grizzlies
- Reno Offense Shows off Power in Rain-Filled Series Opener - Reno Aces
- Reno Welcomes Chihuahuas back from Break with 8-2 Loss - El Paso Chihuahuas
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Reno Aces Stories
- Reno Ice Rink Opens Next Week
- JAKKS Pacific Donates Toys to Reno Aces & Reno 1868 FC
- Aces, Greater Nevada Field to Host World Series Watch Party
- Aces Program at Greater Nevada Field Raises More Than $61,000
- Greater Nevada Field to Host Slaughter House Halloween Attraction