Remainder of Tortugas, FSL Season Cancelled Due to Hurricane Dorian
DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. - The Florida State League has announced on Thursday afternoon that following Thursday evening's slate of games across the league - including the Daytona Tortugas' series-finale against the St. Lucie Mets - the remainder of the 2019 regular season - as well as the entire postseason - has been cancelled as a result of Hurricane Dorian's impending landfall in Florida this weekend.
While tonight's contest is still on as scheduled, as a result of the league's decision, all fans holding tickets for any of this weekend's scheduled games against the Jupiter Hammerheads can redeem their tickets for any 2020 Daytona Tortugas home game. Fans can do so by calling the Tortugas' box office at (386) 257-3172 or in person at the team's offices on 110 East Orange Avenue in Daytona Beach.
The Daytona Tortugas apologize for the disappointing news and inconvenience. The franchise would like to thank our incredible fanbase for their continued support throughout the record-breaking 2019 campaign and into the future.
Even with the unfortunate news about the remainder of the campaign, the Daytona Tortugas remain on-pace to break the franchise's single-season record for attendance set back in the organization's initial campaign in 2015.
• Discuss this story on the Florida State League message board...
Florida State League Stories from August 29, 2019
- 'Tugas Set Single-Season Attendance Record in Abrupt Finale - Daytona Tortugas
- Late Offensive Rally Pushes Threshers Past Flying Tigers in Season Finale - Clearwater Threshers
- Hammerheads Close out Season Early with Loss to Tampa - Jupiter Hammerheads
- Mets Snap Losing Skid, Win Season Finale 3-0 - St. Lucie Mets
- Miracle Drop 2019 Season Finale, 3-0 - Fort Myers Miracle
- FSL Cancels Weekend Series, 2019 Playoffs - Clearwater Threshers
- Florida State League Season Finale Series, Playoffs Cancelled Due to Impending Weather - Dunedin Blue Jays
- Cortes Named FSL All Star - St. Lucie Mets
- Remainder of Flying Tigers Home Schedule, Florida State League Season Cancelled Due to Hurricane Dorian - Lakeland Flying Tigers
- Two Threshers Named to FSL End-Of-Season All Star Team - Clearwater Threshers
- Tonight's Game to be Season Finale - Daytona Tortugas
- Remainder of Florida State League Season Cancelled After Tonight's Game - Jupiter Hammerheads
- Remainder of Tortugas, FSL Season Cancelled Due to Hurricane Dorian - Daytona Tortugas
- Dunedin Blue Jays End of Season All Stars - Dunedin Blue Jays
- Tommy Romero Named FSL Pitcher of the Year - Charlotte Stone Crabs
- Dermis Garcia, Miguel Yajure Named FSL Post-Season All-Stars - Tampa Tarpons
- Final Three Games Cancelled Due to Hurricane - St. Lucie Mets
- Dunedin Sweeps Fort Myers in a Doubleheader - Dunedin Blue Jays
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Daytona Tortugas Stories
- 'Tugas Set Single-Season Attendance Record in Abrupt Finale
- Tonight's Game to be Season Finale
- Remainder of Tortugas, FSL Season Cancelled Due to Hurricane Dorian
- Daytona Rallies Again, Stays in Playoff Hunt with Walk-Off
- Clementina Clobbers Mets in Comeback, 6-5