Dermis Garcia, Miguel Yajure Named FSL Post-Season All-Stars
TAMPA Fla. - The Florida State League announced on Thursday that Tampa Tarpons DH Dermis Garcia and RHP Miguel Yajure have been named to the 2019 FSL Post-Season All-Star Team.
Garcia represents the "designated hitter" on the team after batting .247 (67-for-271) with 35R, 15 doubles, 17HR (career-high), 54RBI (career-high), 19BB and 4SB in 75 games for Tampa. The 21-year-old remains ranked third in the league in home runs.
The Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic native was also named a first-time 2019 Mid-Season All-Star and won the FSL Home Run Derby before he was placed on the injured list on 7/9 with a season-ending injury.
Yajure, 21, finished 8-6 with a 2.26 ERA (127.2IP, 110H, 47R/32ER, 28BB, 122SO) in 22 games (18 starts) with the Tarpons before earning a promotion to Double-A Trenton on 8/25. The Cabimas, Venezuela native had 14 starts of at least 6.0IP, and six of at least 7.0IP.
At his promotion, Yajure ranked tie for first in the FSL in strikeouts, second in ERA and WHIP (1.08), tied for second in innings pitched and tied for fourth in opponent BA (.233).
The Dunedin Blue Jays led the All-Stars with four players selected, followed by the Charlotte Stone Crabs with three players selected. Field managers, Coaches, Official Scorers and Media/Broadcasters participated in the voting process.
• Discuss this story on the Florida State League message board...
Florida State League Stories from August 29, 2019
- 'Tugas Set Single-Season Attendance Record in Abrupt Finale - Daytona Tortugas
- Late Offensive Rally Pushes Threshers Past Flying Tigers in Season Finale - Clearwater Threshers
- Hammerheads Close out Season Early with Loss to Tampa - Jupiter Hammerheads
- Mets Snap Losing Skid, Win Season Finale 3-0 - St. Lucie Mets
- Miracle Drop 2019 Season Finale, 3-0 - Fort Myers Mighty Mussels
- FSL Cancels Weekend Series, 2019 Playoffs - Clearwater Threshers
- Florida State League Season Finale Series, Playoffs Cancelled Due to Impending Weather - Dunedin Blue Jays
- Cortes Named FSL All Star - St. Lucie Mets
- Remainder of Flying Tigers Home Schedule, Florida State League Season Cancelled Due to Hurricane Dorian - Lakeland Flying Tigers
- Two Threshers Named to FSL End-Of-Season All Star Team - Clearwater Threshers
- Tonight's Game to be Season Finale - Daytona Tortugas
- Remainder of Florida State League Season Cancelled After Tonight's Game - Jupiter Hammerheads
- Remainder of Tortugas, FSL Season Cancelled Due to Hurricane Dorian - Daytona Tortugas
- Dunedin Blue Jays End of Season All Stars - Dunedin Blue Jays
- Tommy Romero Named FSL Pitcher of the Year - Charlotte Stone Crabs
- Dermis Garcia, Miguel Yajure Named FSL Post-Season All-Stars - Tampa Tarpons
- Final Three Games Cancelled Due to Hurricane - St. Lucie Mets
- Dunedin Sweeps Fort Myers in a Doubleheader - Dunedin Blue Jays
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Tampa Tarpons Stories
- Tarpons Fall to Threshers in Weather-Shortened Game, 4-3
- Tonight's Tarpons vs. Threshers Game Ends Early Due to Lightning
- Game Notes: Tampa Tarpons (46-22) vs. Clearwater (34-34)
- Game Notes: Tampa Tarpons (46-21) vs. Clearwater (33-34)
- Game Notes: Tampa Tarpons (45-21) vs. Clearwater (33-33)