Dunedin Blue Jays End of Season All Stars
DUNEDIN, FL - The Dunedin Blue Jays led the Florida State League in end of the year All Star selections with four players being named to the team. The four selections were the most for Dunedin since 2011 when the Blue Jays also had four players named to the team. Former Dunedin Blue Jays OF Cal Stevenson and RHP Brad Wilson won spots as an outfielder and relief pitcher respectively. Stevenson was traded to the Houston Astros organization at the trade deadline, and Wilson received the call up to Double-A New Hampshire in July. Current Dunedin Blue Jays OF Ryan Noda and RHP Maximo Castillo round out the selections. Manager, Cesar Martin was selected as Manager of the Year leading his team to a first half North Division Championship and currently has a 79-55 record.
Cesar Martin is the third Dunedin Blue Jays manager to win the award since 2009, and he is the first to win since Omar Malave won in 2014. The other manager to win for Dunedin was Clayton McCullough back in 2011.
RHP Maximo Castillo sits fourth overall in the Florida State League with a 2.69 ERA, and he is tied for second in wins with 11. The Venezuela native will end the regular season with a 1.10 WHIP, the third best mark in the league, and finishes with 114 strikeouts.
RHP Brad Wilson makes the end of season All Star team after also being selected to the All Star Game back in June. Wilson recorded nine saves with a 1.42 ERA in his 28 appearances. Prior to being called up, Wilson held opponents to a .162 average and a 0.84 WHIP out of the bullpen.
OF Ryan Noda has been driving in runs all season as the league leader in RBI at 74. The 15th round pick back in 2017 is top 10 in OBP (.371), SLG (.416), and OPS (.787). Noda has walked the most in the FSL while also picking up 40 extra-base hits on the year with four games still to play.
OF Cal Stevenson slashed .298/.388/.393 in his 90 games with Dunedin. The former Blue Jay reached the 100 hit mark with 50 RBI and 132 total bases. Stevenson also recorded 19 outfield assists in his time with Dunedin the highest mark in the league through his 90 games played.
• Discuss this story on the Florida State League message board...
Florida State League Stories from August 29, 2019
- 'Tugas Set Single-Season Attendance Record in Abrupt Finale - Daytona Tortugas
- Late Offensive Rally Pushes Threshers Past Flying Tigers in Season Finale - Clearwater Threshers
- Hammerheads Close out Season Early with Loss to Tampa - Jupiter Hammerheads
- Mets Snap Losing Skid, Win Season Finale 3-0 - St. Lucie Mets
- Miracle Drop 2019 Season Finale, 3-0 - Fort Myers Mighty Mussels
- FSL Cancels Weekend Series, 2019 Playoffs - Clearwater Threshers
- Florida State League Season Finale Series, Playoffs Cancelled Due to Impending Weather - Dunedin Blue Jays
- Cortes Named FSL All Star - St. Lucie Mets
- Remainder of Flying Tigers Home Schedule, Florida State League Season Cancelled Due to Hurricane Dorian - Lakeland Flying Tigers
- Two Threshers Named to FSL End-Of-Season All Star Team - Clearwater Threshers
- Tonight's Game to be Season Finale - Daytona Tortugas
- Remainder of Florida State League Season Cancelled After Tonight's Game - Jupiter Hammerheads
- Remainder of Tortugas, FSL Season Cancelled Due to Hurricane Dorian - Daytona Tortugas
- Dunedin Blue Jays End of Season All Stars - Dunedin Blue Jays
- Tommy Romero Named FSL Pitcher of the Year - Charlotte Stone Crabs
- Dermis Garcia, Miguel Yajure Named FSL Post-Season All-Stars - Tampa Tarpons
- Final Three Games Cancelled Due to Hurricane - St. Lucie Mets
- Dunedin Sweeps Fort Myers in a Doubleheader - Dunedin Blue Jays
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Dunedin Blue Jays Stories
- Dunedin Blue Jays Raise over $1,800 for Dunedin Cares Inc. in Band Together against Hunger Campaign
- Dunedin Blue Jays Join Dunedin Cares Inc. to Band Together against Hunger
- Dunedin Blue Jays Announce 2020 On-Field Staff
- Dunedin Blue Jays Announce 2020 Promotional Schedule
- Samad Taylor Recipient of Team Community Service Award