Remainder of Florida State League Season Cancelled After Tonight's Game
Jupiter, Fla. - The Florida State League has officially announced that after tonight's games the remainder of the 2019 Florida State League season, including Post-Season Playoffs, will be cancelled due to Hurricane Dorian's impending landfall on the Florida coast.
This means the Hammerheads will not play their three-game series against the Daytona Tortugas that was scheduled for this Friday through Sunday at Jackie Robinson Ballpark in Daytona.
Barring any weather issues, the final game of the season will be tonight's scheduled 6:30pm game against the Tampa Tarpons at Roger Dean Chevrolet Stadium.
The safety of players, coaches, staff and fans is of the greatest priority to the Jupiter Hammerheads, Miami Marlins Organization and Florida State League. All parties agreed that the potential threat of Hurricane Dorian to the Florida coast was too great to play. By cancelling this weekend, players and staff can now make appropriate travel plans and return to their offseason homes or another safe destination ahead of Dorian's landfall.
Regarding tickets to any games purchased for this weekend, please contact the Daytona Tortugas.
The Jupiter Hammerheads would like to thank everyone for a great 2019 season.
• Discuss this story on the Florida State League message board...
Florida State League Stories from August 29, 2019
- 'Tugas Set Single-Season Attendance Record in Abrupt Finale - Daytona Tortugas
- Late Offensive Rally Pushes Threshers Past Flying Tigers in Season Finale - Clearwater Threshers
- Hammerheads Close out Season Early with Loss to Tampa - Jupiter Hammerheads
- Mets Snap Losing Skid, Win Season Finale 3-0 - St. Lucie Mets
- Miracle Drop 2019 Season Finale, 3-0 - Fort Myers Mighty Mussels
- FSL Cancels Weekend Series, 2019 Playoffs - Clearwater Threshers
- Florida State League Season Finale Series, Playoffs Cancelled Due to Impending Weather - Dunedin Blue Jays
- Cortes Named FSL All Star - St. Lucie Mets
- Remainder of Flying Tigers Home Schedule, Florida State League Season Cancelled Due to Hurricane Dorian - Lakeland Flying Tigers
- Two Threshers Named to FSL End-Of-Season All Star Team - Clearwater Threshers
- Tonight's Game to be Season Finale - Daytona Tortugas
- Remainder of Florida State League Season Cancelled After Tonight's Game - Jupiter Hammerheads
- Remainder of Tortugas, FSL Season Cancelled Due to Hurricane Dorian - Daytona Tortugas
- Dunedin Blue Jays End of Season All Stars - Dunedin Blue Jays
- Tommy Romero Named FSL Pitcher of the Year - Charlotte Stone Crabs
- Dermis Garcia, Miguel Yajure Named FSL Post-Season All-Stars - Tampa Tarpons
- Final Three Games Cancelled Due to Hurricane - St. Lucie Mets
- Dunedin Sweeps Fort Myers in a Doubleheader - Dunedin Blue Jays
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Jupiter Hammerheads Stories
- Roger Dean Chevrolet Stadium Naming Rights Update
- 2021 Spring Training Schedule Officially Announced
- COVID-19 Official Update from Roger Dean Chevrolet Stadium
- Jupiter Hammerheads Announce Mike Jacobs as Manager for 2020 Season
- 11 Hammerheads Alum Receive Invite to Marlins' Spring Training Camp