Remainder of Flying Tigers Home Schedule, Florida State League Season Cancelled Due to Hurricane Dorian
Lakeland, FL - Florida State League President Ken Carson announced today that the Florida State League final weekend series and post season playoffs will be cancelled because of the threat of Hurricane Dorian's potential impact on the State of Florida.
"This was a tough decision to make" said Carson. "The safety of our players, staff, umpires and fans are top priority to us. Team travel is also a great concern during hurricanes."
Entering tonight's final game in Clearwater against the Threshers, the Flying Tigers were only two games behind the Dunedin Blue Jays for the Second Half North Division Championship.
The Flying Tigers thank our fans for their support during the season and our thoughts are with you as we all prepare for a major hurricane potentially impacting our community.
The Flying Tigers are the Class A Advanced Affiliate of the Detroit Tigers. For more information please visit the Flying Tigers online at www.LakelandFlyingTigers.com or call (863) 686-8075.
• Discuss this story on the Florida State League message board...
Florida State League Stories from August 29, 2019
- 'Tugas Set Single-Season Attendance Record in Abrupt Finale - Daytona Tortugas
- Late Offensive Rally Pushes Threshers Past Flying Tigers in Season Finale - Clearwater Threshers
- Hammerheads Close out Season Early with Loss to Tampa - Jupiter Hammerheads
- Mets Snap Losing Skid, Win Season Finale 3-0 - St. Lucie Mets
- Miracle Drop 2019 Season Finale, 3-0 - Fort Myers Mighty Mussels
- FSL Cancels Weekend Series, 2019 Playoffs - Clearwater Threshers
- Florida State League Season Finale Series, Playoffs Cancelled Due to Impending Weather - Dunedin Blue Jays
- Cortes Named FSL All Star - St. Lucie Mets
- Remainder of Flying Tigers Home Schedule, Florida State League Season Cancelled Due to Hurricane Dorian - Lakeland Flying Tigers
- Two Threshers Named to FSL End-Of-Season All Star Team - Clearwater Threshers
- Tonight's Game to be Season Finale - Daytona Tortugas
- Remainder of Florida State League Season Cancelled After Tonight's Game - Jupiter Hammerheads
- Remainder of Tortugas, FSL Season Cancelled Due to Hurricane Dorian - Daytona Tortugas
- Dunedin Blue Jays End of Season All Stars - Dunedin Blue Jays
- Tommy Romero Named FSL Pitcher of the Year - Charlotte Stone Crabs
- Dermis Garcia, Miguel Yajure Named FSL Post-Season All-Stars - Tampa Tarpons
- Final Three Games Cancelled Due to Hurricane - St. Lucie Mets
- Dunedin Sweeps Fort Myers in a Doubleheader - Dunedin Blue Jays
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.