Rampage Weekly Update
$1 DRINK NIGHT: This Friday fans can enjoy a KISS ROCKS $1 DRINK NIGHT featuring $1 draft beer and $1 fountain soda.
OPERA NIGHT-Jan. 8: This Saturday fans can enjoy hard-hitting hockey and opera as members of the San Antonio Opera will perform throughout the game. In addition, the game will be televised on FSN Southwest.
LONE STAR FACEOFF: The Rampage will play in three games this week against their in- state rivals, giving them the ability to jump back into the top of the Lone Star Faceoff standings. Houston currently has the lead with 16 points while Texas has racked up 13 and San Antonio has nine points.
PENALTY SHOT: The Rampage saw their first penalty shot against of the year as Okla- homa City Barons left wing Alexandre Giroux deflected the puck off the left post giving goaltender Matt Climie a 100% save percentage on penalty shots faced this season.
IN THE BOOKS: Brett MacLean played in his 184th Rampage game on Jan. 2 at Milwau- kee becoming the all-time franchise leader for games played. In addition, this season he has become the franchise leader in the following categories: goals, power-play goals and points.
OH WHAT A NIGHT: Brett MacLean skated in his first NHL contest during a one-game stint with Phoenix where he recorded a power-play goal on his first shot attempt in the Coyotes 6-3 victory over the L.A. Kings on Dec. 29.
BIG SHOT: The Rampage finished the month of December outshooting their opponent 446-333, taking an average of 37.2 shots per game.
ICE CHIPS: Matt Watkins- Right wing
Right wing Matt Watkins became the 11th player in franchise his- tory to score three goals in a game as he recorded his first profes- sional hat trick in San Antonio's 5-3 victory over the Oklahoma City Barons on Wednesday, Dec. 29.
Last season, Watkins split his first professional year between the Rampage and the ECHL's Las Vegas Wranglers. He appeared in 51 games with San Antonio tallying 12 goals and 10 assists for 22 points and skated in 14 contests with the Wranglers posting 11 points on four goals and seven assists.
The Regina, Saskatchewan native was drafted by the Dallas Stars in the 5th round (160th overall) of the 2005 NHL Entry Draft.
THIS WEEK'S GAMES
Wednesday, Jan. 5 @ Peoria Rivermen; Carver Arena, 7:05 p.m.
The Rampage look to regain control of the Western Conference standings as they face the Peoria Rivermen who are tied with the Rampage for the lead with 47 points.
Friday, Jan. 7 vs. Texas Stars; AT&T Center, 7:00 p.m.
The Rampage will kick off their seventh three-in-three series of the season by hosting the Texas Stars. San Antonio is 1-3-1-0 when facing Texas after being shutout by the club 3-0 in their last meeting.
Saturday, Jan. 8 vs. Houston Aeros; AT&T Center, 7:00 p.m.
Sunday, Jan. 9 @ Houston Aeros; Toyota Center, 4:05 p.m.
The Rampage and Aeros are scheduled for a home-and-home series to finish the weekend. The Rampage look to cut down the seven point lead the Aeros have in the Lone Star Faceoff race as they have split six games with Houston so far this season.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from January 3, 2011
- Admirals to Send Two Fans to Philly for Big Game - Milwaukee Admirals
- Skate with the Aeros at Discovery Green this Wednesday - Houston Aeros
- Devils Weekly - Albany Devils
- Liam Reddox and Linus Omark Recalled by Edmonton - Oklahoma City Barons
- Rangers Assign Michael Del Zotto to Whale, Recall Ryan McDonagh - Connecticut Whale
- Week Thirteen: Smith Shines - Syracuse Crunch
- New Year's Resolutions - Manitoba Moose
- Jones Named Reebok/AHL Rookie of the Month - Manchester Monarchs
- Wolves Weekly Notes - Chicago Wolves
- Quintin Laing Named Heat Team Captain. - Abbotsford Heat
- Anaheim Ducks Assign Center Nick Bonino - Syracuse Crunch
- David Desharnais Named Reebok/AHL Player of the Month - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Rampage Weekly Update - San Antonio Rampage
- Lack Named Reebok/AHL Goalie of Month - Manitoba Moose
- Trinity-Wesleyan Men's Matchup - Connecticut Whale
- Desharnais, Jones, Lack Named AHL Monthly Award Winners for December - AHL
- Adirondack Finishes 4-1 Week and on a 3-Game Winning Streak - Adirondack Phantoms
- Hamilton Bulldogs Weekly - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Rivermen Weekly - Peoria Rivermen
- Worcester Sharks Ring in the New Year in Dramatic Fashion - Worcester Sharks
- Defenseman Erik Gustafsson Returned to Adirondack - Adirondack Phantoms
- Stewart Wins AHL Player of Week Honor - Adirondack Phantoms
- Barons Weekly Report - Oklahoma City Barons
- Adirondack's Brian Stewart Named Reebok/AHL Player of the Week - AHL
- Crunch Players to Sign Autographs at Nestle Candy Display at Fayetteville Tops Friendly Markets - Syracuse Crunch
- Coyotes Assign Mikkel Boedker to San Antonio - San Antonio Rampage
- Whale Weekly - Connecticut Whale
- Gordie Roberts Added to Player Roster for Whalers Vs. Bruins Legends Game - Connecticut Whale
- Heat Reassign Nyren and Carpentier - Abbotsford Heat
- Lightning Reassign Janus to Everblades - Norfolk Admirals
- Three Game Road Trip Starts Friday In Winnipeg - Hershey Bears
- Bulldogs Announce Time Change For Sunday's Game - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Admirals Change Sunday Game Time to 1 Pm - Milwaukee Admirals
- Monarchs Weekly Report - Manchester Monarchs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.