Lack Named Reebok/AHL Goalie of Month
The Manitoba Moose, in conjunction with the American Hockey League, today announced goaltender Eddie Lack has been named the Reebok/AHL Goalie of the Month for the month of December. Lack appeared in nine of Manitoba's 12 games last month and finished with a 7-2-0 record, a 1.99 goals against average and a .935 save percentage.
Lack, began the month by stopping 31 of 33 shots and all five shootout attempts he faced in a 3-2 victory over Oklahoma City on Dec. 3/10. After suffering a pair of losses, the native of Norratje, Sweden, stopped 39 of 40 shots Dec. 14/10 @ Texas to begin a string of six consecutive wins which set a new season-high for the Moose. During that time, he earned his first North American professional shutout by stopping all 20 shots he faced in a 1-0 win over Peoria on Dec. 27/10 and allowed only eight goals on 178 shots during his six-game streak for a goals against average of 1.33. At one point, Lack had not allowed a goal in 127:26 consecutive minutes of action. During Lack's streak, the Moose moved from fifth place in the AHL's North Division into a current tie for second place.
In recognition of his achievement, Lack will be presented with an etched crystal award prior to an upcoming Moose home game.
In his first season of play in North America, Lack has a record of 13-7-2 in 22 appearances for Manitoba, ranking sixth in the AHL with a 1.98 goals-against average and eighth with a .930 save percentage. Lack, who turns 23 on Jan. 5/11, played last season for Brynas IF in the Swedish Elitserien and signed as a free agent with Vancouver on Apr. 6, 2010.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from January 3, 2011
- Admirals to Send Two Fans to Philly for Big Game - Milwaukee Admirals
- Skate with the Aeros at Discovery Green this Wednesday - Houston Aeros
- Devils Weekly - Albany Devils
- Liam Reddox and Linus Omark Recalled by Edmonton - Oklahoma City Barons
- Rangers Assign Michael Del Zotto to Whale, Recall Ryan McDonagh - Connecticut Whale
- Week Thirteen: Smith Shines - Syracuse Crunch
- New Year's Resolutions - Manitoba Moose
- Jones Named Reebok/AHL Rookie of the Month - Manchester Monarchs
- Wolves Weekly Notes - Chicago Wolves
- Quintin Laing Named Heat Team Captain. - Abbotsford Heat
- Anaheim Ducks Assign Center Nick Bonino - Syracuse Crunch
- David Desharnais Named Reebok/AHL Player of the Month - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Rampage Weekly Update - San Antonio Rampage
- Lack Named Reebok/AHL Goalie of Month - Manitoba Moose
- Trinity-Wesleyan Men's Matchup - Connecticut Whale
- Desharnais, Jones, Lack Named AHL Monthly Award Winners for December - AHL
- Adirondack Finishes 4-1 Week and on a 3-Game Winning Streak - Adirondack Phantoms
- Hamilton Bulldogs Weekly - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Rivermen Weekly - Peoria Rivermen
- Worcester Sharks Ring in the New Year in Dramatic Fashion - Worcester Sharks
- Defenseman Erik Gustafsson Returned to Adirondack - Adirondack Phantoms
- Stewart Wins AHL Player of Week Honor - Adirondack Phantoms
- Barons Weekly Report - Oklahoma City Barons
- Adirondack's Brian Stewart Named Reebok/AHL Player of the Week - AHL
- Crunch Players to Sign Autographs at Nestle Candy Display at Fayetteville Tops Friendly Markets - Syracuse Crunch
- Coyotes Assign Mikkel Boedker to San Antonio - San Antonio Rampage
- Whale Weekly - Connecticut Whale
- Gordie Roberts Added to Player Roster for Whalers Vs. Bruins Legends Game - Connecticut Whale
- Heat Reassign Nyren and Carpentier - Abbotsford Heat
- Lightning Reassign Janus to Everblades - Norfolk Admirals
- Three Game Road Trip Starts Friday In Winnipeg - Hershey Bears
- Bulldogs Announce Time Change For Sunday's Game - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Admirals Change Sunday Game Time to 1 Pm - Milwaukee Admirals
- Monarchs Weekly Report - Manchester Monarchs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Manitoba Moose Stories
- Claude Noel Named Head Coach of Winnipeg NHL Team
- TNSE Launches "Drive to 13,000" to Secure NHL Franchise in Winnipeg
- Canucks Recall Chris Tanev, Eddie Lack, Sergei Shirokov, Aaron Volpatti and Alex Bolduc
- Moose Eliminated by Bulldogs in Triple Overtime
- Moose Won't Back Down