Liam Reddox and Linus Omark Recalled by Edmonton
Oklahoma City - The Edmonton Oilers, parent team of the Oklahoma City Barons, recalled forwards Liam Reddox and Linus (lee-nus) Omark, Barons general manager Bill Scott announced today.
Omark, a 5-10, 177-pounder from Overtornea, Sweden is making his second trip to Edmonton this season. He was recalled December 8, appeared in eight games with the Oilers and scored five points (1-4-5). During his recall to Edmonton last month, he created debate across the sports world with the style he added to his shootout attempt December 10 against Tampa Bay. He leaves the Barons third on the team in points with 31 (14-17-31). After being re-assigned to Oklahoma City December 31, he played in two games for the Barons and scored five points (1-4-5).
Reddox, a 5-11, 190-pound native of Whitby, Ontario is tied for the Barons team lead in goals scored with 18 and is second in points with 33. Reddox's 18 goals also ties him for second in the American Hockey League in goals scored. One of the faster players in the league, Reddox is tied for second in the league with four short-handed goals. This is his first recall to Edmonton this season. He has appeared in 56 NHL games, scoring 14 points (5-9-14), all with the Oilers.
Both players are expected to be in Edmonton in time for the Oilers' game tomorrow evening against the Detroit Red Wings.
Oklahoma City rounds out a five-game homestand with three straight at the Cox Convention Center this weekend. Friday and Saturday, the Barons take on the Peoria Rivermen, AHL affiliate of the St. Louis Blues, for the first time in Oklahoma City. The weekend concludes Sunday when the Barons play the Lake Erie Monsters, AHL affiliate of the Colorado Avalanche. Friday's game starts at 7:05 p.m., Saturday's game at 6:05 p.m. and Sunday's game starts at 5:05 p.m.
-Barons- NOTE: The Oilers re-assigned goaltender Bryan Pitton from Oklahoma City to Stockton of the ECHL. During this recall to Oklahoma City, Pitton appeared in one game, stopping 30 of 31 shots in a 2-1 win over Rockford January 1.
Goaltender Jeff Deslauriers (day-lori-ay) returned from representing Team Canada the Spengler Cup in Switzerland. Although Team Canada came up short in the finals, Deslauriers was named the Outstanding Goaltender of the tournament.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from January 3, 2011
- Admirals to Send Two Fans to Philly for Big Game - Milwaukee Admirals
- Skate with the Aeros at Discovery Green this Wednesday - Houston Aeros
- Devils Weekly - Albany Devils
- Liam Reddox and Linus Omark Recalled by Edmonton - Oklahoma City Barons
- Rangers Assign Michael Del Zotto to Whale, Recall Ryan McDonagh - Connecticut Whale
- Week Thirteen: Smith Shines - Syracuse Crunch
- New Year's Resolutions - Manitoba Moose
- Jones Named Reebok/AHL Rookie of the Month - Manchester Monarchs
- Wolves Weekly Notes - Chicago Wolves
- Quintin Laing Named Heat Team Captain. - Abbotsford Heat
- Anaheim Ducks Assign Center Nick Bonino - Syracuse Crunch
- David Desharnais Named Reebok/AHL Player of the Month - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Rampage Weekly Update - San Antonio Rampage
- Lack Named Reebok/AHL Goalie of Month - Manitoba Moose
- Trinity-Wesleyan Men's Matchup - Connecticut Whale
- Desharnais, Jones, Lack Named AHL Monthly Award Winners for December - AHL
- Adirondack Finishes 4-1 Week and on a 3-Game Winning Streak - Adirondack Phantoms
- Hamilton Bulldogs Weekly - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Rivermen Weekly - Peoria Rivermen
- Worcester Sharks Ring in the New Year in Dramatic Fashion - Worcester Sharks
- Defenseman Erik Gustafsson Returned to Adirondack - Adirondack Phantoms
- Stewart Wins AHL Player of Week Honor - Adirondack Phantoms
- Barons Weekly Report - Oklahoma City Barons
- Adirondack's Brian Stewart Named Reebok/AHL Player of the Week - AHL
- Crunch Players to Sign Autographs at Nestle Candy Display at Fayetteville Tops Friendly Markets - Syracuse Crunch
- Coyotes Assign Mikkel Boedker to San Antonio - San Antonio Rampage
- Whale Weekly - Connecticut Whale
- Gordie Roberts Added to Player Roster for Whalers Vs. Bruins Legends Game - Connecticut Whale
- Heat Reassign Nyren and Carpentier - Abbotsford Heat
- Lightning Reassign Janus to Everblades - Norfolk Admirals
- Three Game Road Trip Starts Friday In Winnipeg - Hershey Bears
- Bulldogs Announce Time Change For Sunday's Game - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Admirals Change Sunday Game Time to 1 Pm - Milwaukee Admirals
- Monarchs Weekly Report - Manchester Monarchs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Oklahoma City Barons Stories
- Energy FC Hosts Second Sidekicks Event on Wednesday Evening
- Chris Spendlove Cleared
- Energy FC and The Grid Meet to Discuss Continued Growth of Soccer in OKC
- Energy FC Sidekicks Program with Special Olympics and TOPSoccer Kicks off July 15
- Barons Season Ends with 1-0 Loss