Barons Weekly Report
A couple of other notes not included below: This week will mark Peoria's first visit to the Cox Convention Center for games on Friday and Saturday. OKC beat the Rivermen 3-1 on Oct. 30 at Carver Arena in the other meeting.
With two goals yesterday, Liam Reddox has matched Colin McDonald for the club lead with 18 goals. They're in a multiple-way tie for second in the league behind Connecticut's Jeremy Williams.
* OMARK SHINES IN RETURN: After an 8-game stint with the Edmonton Oilers in his NHL debut, Linus Omark returned to the Barons for the Rockford series Jan. 1-2 and scored the winning goal in his first game back on a bank shot from the corner. On Jan. 2, Omark matched the team's high for assists in a game with 4, including helpers on both of Liam Reddox's goals.
* GIROUX'S GOALS COUNT: When All-Star captain Alexandre Giroux scores a goal, the Barons are 7-0-0-1. Giroux recorded his first hat trick of the season in a 4-1 win at San Antonio on New Year's Eve. Giroux brings a 5-game point streak into this week's games. He has 8 points during the streak (3G, 5 A).
* 5-in-6: Sunday's 6-5 loss to the Rockford Icehogs ended a stretch where the Barons played 5 games in 6 days, matching their busiest collection of games this season. The Barons have one other stretch of 5-in-6 from March 15-20, which begins a 9-game trip. This week, OKC plays at home Friday, Saturday and Sunday before embarking on a 5-city, 7-game trip from Jan. 13-23.
* OKC-EDMONTON SHUTTLE: In addition to the return of Linus Omark, Edmonton assigned defenseman Shawn Belle and center Ryan O'Marra to the Barons on Sunday just before game time. Belle and O'Marra will rejoin the Barons this week.
* PENALTY SHOT PARADE: The Barons have been involved in 4 penalty shots during this inaugural season and there have been similarities in all of them. Both penalty shots against have been by Texas Stars: Travis Morin on Dec. 20 and Colton Sceviour on Nov. 19. Both were stopped by Jeff Deslauriers. OKC has taken 2 penalty shots, both by Alexandre Giroux, against Rockford's Alec Richards Dec. 11 and San Antonio's Matt Climie Dec. 29. Both of Giroux's attempts were stopped.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from January 3, 2011
- Admirals to Send Two Fans to Philly for Big Game - Milwaukee Admirals
- Skate with the Aeros at Discovery Green this Wednesday - Houston Aeros
- Devils Weekly - Albany Devils
- Liam Reddox and Linus Omark Recalled by Edmonton - Oklahoma City Barons
- Rangers Assign Michael Del Zotto to Whale, Recall Ryan McDonagh - Connecticut Whale
- Week Thirteen: Smith Shines - Syracuse Crunch
- New Year's Resolutions - Manitoba Moose
- Jones Named Reebok/AHL Rookie of the Month - Manchester Monarchs
- Wolves Weekly Notes - Chicago Wolves
- Quintin Laing Named Heat Team Captain. - Abbotsford Heat
- Anaheim Ducks Assign Center Nick Bonino - Syracuse Crunch
- David Desharnais Named Reebok/AHL Player of the Month - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Rampage Weekly Update - San Antonio Rampage
- Lack Named Reebok/AHL Goalie of Month - Manitoba Moose
- Trinity-Wesleyan Men's Matchup - Connecticut Whale
- Desharnais, Jones, Lack Named AHL Monthly Award Winners for December - AHL
- Adirondack Finishes 4-1 Week and on a 3-Game Winning Streak - Adirondack Phantoms
- Hamilton Bulldogs Weekly - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Rivermen Weekly - Peoria Rivermen
- Worcester Sharks Ring in the New Year in Dramatic Fashion - Worcester Sharks
- Defenseman Erik Gustafsson Returned to Adirondack - Adirondack Phantoms
- Stewart Wins AHL Player of Week Honor - Adirondack Phantoms
- Barons Weekly Report - Oklahoma City Barons
- Adirondack's Brian Stewart Named Reebok/AHL Player of the Week - AHL
- Crunch Players to Sign Autographs at Nestle Candy Display at Fayetteville Tops Friendly Markets - Syracuse Crunch
- Coyotes Assign Mikkel Boedker to San Antonio - San Antonio Rampage
- Whale Weekly - Connecticut Whale
- Gordie Roberts Added to Player Roster for Whalers Vs. Bruins Legends Game - Connecticut Whale
- Heat Reassign Nyren and Carpentier - Abbotsford Heat
- Lightning Reassign Janus to Everblades - Norfolk Admirals
- Three Game Road Trip Starts Friday In Winnipeg - Hershey Bears
- Bulldogs Announce Time Change For Sunday's Game - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Admirals Change Sunday Game Time to 1 Pm - Milwaukee Admirals
- Monarchs Weekly Report - Manchester Monarchs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Oklahoma City Barons Stories
- Energy FC Hosts Second Sidekicks Event on Wednesday Evening
- Chris Spendlove Cleared
- Energy FC and The Grid Meet to Discuss Continued Growth of Soccer in OKC
- Energy FC Sidekicks Program with Special Olympics and TOPSoccer Kicks off July 15
- Barons Season Ends with 1-0 Loss