Three Game Road Trip Starts Friday In Winnipeg
The HERSHEY BEARS Hockey Club hits the road this week to begin a three-game trip that begins north of the border. The BEARS play the Manitoba Moose Friday and Saturday night at MTS Centre in Winnipeg, the first half of what will ultimately be a four-game season series. The Chocolate and White conclude the three-game trek Friday, January 14 in Glens Falls against the Adirondack Phantoms.
HERSHEY'S next home game is Saturday, January 15 when the Lake Erie Monsters invade Giant Center. The appearance by the Monsters, the top developmental affiliate of the Colorado Avalanche, will be the only visit by the club this season. Former BEARS goaltender Jason Bacashihua plays for Lake Erie this season. Tickets are on sale now at the Giant Center box office, or by calling (717) 534-3911.
Former BEAR wins Classic: Right wing Eric Fehr scored two goals, including the game- winner, as the Washington Capitals defeated the Pittsburgh Penguins 3-1 in the 2011 NHL Winter Classic at Heinz Field. Fehr, who played in 121 games for HERSHEY between 2005 and 2008, scored 50 regular season goals during that span.
December success: The BEARS enjoyed an 8-4-0-0 month of December, a fact made more remarkable by the fact that five different players were recalled to Washington during the month and eight more players missed time due to various injuries. The month was HERSHEY'S best of the season thus far in 2010-11.
Winning in the âBurgh: Braden Holtby earned a 1-0 shutout this past Thursday over the Wilkes- Barre/Scranton Penguins at the new Consol Energy Center in downtown Pittsburgh. The game was played in front of 13,567 fans, the largest crowd that HERSHEY has played in front of this season. Keith Aucoin scored the lone goal in the game, a lamp-lighter late in the second period to put the BEARS in front.
Practice schedule: The BEARS hit the ice on Tuesday morning at Giant Center at 10:00 a.m. and Wednesday morning at 9:30 a.m. Tuesday's media availability will be approximately 11:15 a.m., with Wednesday's availability approximately 10:45 a.m. HERSHEY will fly Thursday morning to Winnipeg, with a tentative practice (if flights are on time) scheduled for the afternoon at MTS Centre.
Upcoming promotions: Saturday, January 15 is Ames Services Rally Towel Night at Giant Center, with the first 6,000 fans through the gates receiving a free BEARS rally towel. Friday, January 21 is MetroBank Drawstring Backpack night, free to the first 3,000 fans.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from January 3, 2011
- Admirals to Send Two Fans to Philly for Big Game - Milwaukee Admirals
- Skate with the Aeros at Discovery Green this Wednesday - Houston Aeros
- Devils Weekly - Albany Devils
- Liam Reddox and Linus Omark Recalled by Edmonton - Oklahoma City Barons
- Rangers Assign Michael Del Zotto to Whale, Recall Ryan McDonagh - Connecticut Whale
- Week Thirteen: Smith Shines - Syracuse Crunch
- New Year's Resolutions - Manitoba Moose
- Jones Named Reebok/AHL Rookie of the Month - Manchester Monarchs
- Wolves Weekly Notes - Chicago Wolves
- Quintin Laing Named Heat Team Captain. - Abbotsford Heat
- Anaheim Ducks Assign Center Nick Bonino - Syracuse Crunch
- David Desharnais Named Reebok/AHL Player of the Month - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Rampage Weekly Update - San Antonio Rampage
- Lack Named Reebok/AHL Goalie of Month - Manitoba Moose
- Trinity-Wesleyan Men's Matchup - Connecticut Whale
- Desharnais, Jones, Lack Named AHL Monthly Award Winners for December - AHL
- Adirondack Finishes 4-1 Week and on a 3-Game Winning Streak - Adirondack Phantoms
- Hamilton Bulldogs Weekly - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Rivermen Weekly - Peoria Rivermen
- Worcester Sharks Ring in the New Year in Dramatic Fashion - Worcester Sharks
- Defenseman Erik Gustafsson Returned to Adirondack - Adirondack Phantoms
- Stewart Wins AHL Player of Week Honor - Adirondack Phantoms
- Barons Weekly Report - Oklahoma City Barons
- Adirondack's Brian Stewart Named Reebok/AHL Player of the Week - AHL
- Crunch Players to Sign Autographs at Nestle Candy Display at Fayetteville Tops Friendly Markets - Syracuse Crunch
- Coyotes Assign Mikkel Boedker to San Antonio - San Antonio Rampage
- Whale Weekly - Connecticut Whale
- Gordie Roberts Added to Player Roster for Whalers Vs. Bruins Legends Game - Connecticut Whale
- Heat Reassign Nyren and Carpentier - Abbotsford Heat
- Lightning Reassign Janus to Everblades - Norfolk Admirals
- Three Game Road Trip Starts Friday In Winnipeg - Hershey Bears
- Bulldogs Announce Time Change For Sunday's Game - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Admirals Change Sunday Game Time to 1 Pm - Milwaukee Admirals
- Monarchs Weekly Report - Manchester Monarchs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Hershey Bears Stories
- Bears Rally Late, Head into All-Star Break with Shootout Win at Providence
- Game Preview: Bears at Bruins, 7:05 p.m.
- Moulson, Bears Charge Past Thunderbirds in Milestone Night
- Hershey Bears Record Breaking Teddy Bear Toss Featured on ESPN's E:60
- Game Preview: Bears at Thunderbirds, 7:05 PM