Lightning Reassign Janus to Everblades
TAMPA BAY, Fla. - The Tampa Bay Lightning, NHL parent club of the Norfolk Admirals, have reassigned goaltender Jaroslav Janus (YAHR-oh-slahv YAHN-ihs) to the ECHL's Florida Everblades from the Admirals, Lightning Vice President and General Manager Steve Yzerman announced today.
Janus, 6-foot-1, 189-pounds, had been reassigned to the Admirals on December 26. He served as the backup goaltender in each of Norfolk's last five games before being reassigned to the Everblades today. He has posted an 8-6-0-0 record in 16 games with the Everblades this season with a 3.04 goals-against average and .906 save percentage.
Janus, a 21-year-old native of Presov, Slovakia, appeared in 13 games for the Admirals last season, posting a 7-6-0 record with one shutout, a 2.07 GAA and .922 save percentage. He led Norfolk in goals-against average and save percentage in his first season of professional hockey.
Janus played in 110 career OHL games with the Erie Otters, posting a 45-53-7 record with a 3.69 GAA. At the 2009 World Junior Championships with Team Slovakia, Janus posted a 3-4-0 record with a 3.20 GAA and a .932 save percentage in seven games. He was named the tournament's top goaltender by attending media. Tampa Bay drafted Janus in the sixth round (162nd overall) of the 2009 NHL Entry Draft.
The Admirals return to Scope this weekend to battle the Connecticut Whale on Friday and Saturday nights. The puck drops on Friday at 7:30 p.m. On Friday, the first 750 children ages 14 and younger will receive an Admirals Zamboni Bank courtesy of JPM Financial Services, John's Tax Service, WAVY-TV 10 and WTKR NewsChannel3. Saturday is Special Olympics Night, presented by SunTrust, with discounted tickets available through norfolkadmirals.com to benefit Special Olympics of Virginia.
Individual tickets for all regular season games start at just $12. Tickets are available now at the Scope Box Office, all Ticketmaster Outlets, charge-by-phone at 1-800-745-3000 and online at ticketmaster.com.
Don't miss a minute of the action by purchasing your 2010-11 season tickets today. Season tickets start at just $350 while 10-Packs are available for as little as $110. Stop by the Admirals' Administrative Offices at Scope, call (757) 640-1212 weekdays from 9:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. or visit norfolkadmirals.com anytime!
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from January 3, 2011
- Admirals to Send Two Fans to Philly for Big Game - Milwaukee Admirals
- Skate with the Aeros at Discovery Green this Wednesday - Houston Aeros
- Devils Weekly - Albany Devils
- Liam Reddox and Linus Omark Recalled by Edmonton - Oklahoma City Barons
- Rangers Assign Michael Del Zotto to Whale, Recall Ryan McDonagh - Connecticut Whale
- Week Thirteen: Smith Shines - Syracuse Crunch
- New Year's Resolutions - Manitoba Moose
- Jones Named Reebok/AHL Rookie of the Month - Manchester Monarchs
- Wolves Weekly Notes - Chicago Wolves
- Quintin Laing Named Heat Team Captain. - Abbotsford Heat
- Anaheim Ducks Assign Center Nick Bonino - Syracuse Crunch
- David Desharnais Named Reebok/AHL Player of the Month - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Rampage Weekly Update - San Antonio Rampage
- Lack Named Reebok/AHL Goalie of Month - Manitoba Moose
- Trinity-Wesleyan Men's Matchup - Connecticut Whale
- Desharnais, Jones, Lack Named AHL Monthly Award Winners for December - AHL
- Adirondack Finishes 4-1 Week and on a 3-Game Winning Streak - Adirondack Phantoms
- Hamilton Bulldogs Weekly - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Rivermen Weekly - Peoria Rivermen
- Worcester Sharks Ring in the New Year in Dramatic Fashion - Worcester Sharks
- Defenseman Erik Gustafsson Returned to Adirondack - Adirondack Phantoms
- Stewart Wins AHL Player of Week Honor - Adirondack Phantoms
- Barons Weekly Report - Oklahoma City Barons
- Adirondack's Brian Stewart Named Reebok/AHL Player of the Week - AHL
- Crunch Players to Sign Autographs at Nestle Candy Display at Fayetteville Tops Friendly Markets - Syracuse Crunch
- Coyotes Assign Mikkel Boedker to San Antonio - San Antonio Rampage
- Whale Weekly - Connecticut Whale
- Gordie Roberts Added to Player Roster for Whalers Vs. Bruins Legends Game - Connecticut Whale
- Heat Reassign Nyren and Carpentier - Abbotsford Heat
- Lightning Reassign Janus to Everblades - Norfolk Admirals
- Three Game Road Trip Starts Friday In Winnipeg - Hershey Bears
- Bulldogs Announce Time Change For Sunday's Game - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Admirals Change Sunday Game Time to 1 Pm - Milwaukee Admirals
- Monarchs Weekly Report - Manchester Monarchs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Norfolk Admirals Stories
- Ross Scores in Debut as Stingrays Defeat the Ads, 4-1
- Admirals Acquire Taylor Ross and Brycen Martin from Fort Wayne
- Admirals Drop Final Matchup of Season against Greenville
- Tucson Roadrunners Send Brandon Halverson Back to Norfolk
- Admirals Comeback Bid Falls Just Short in Ammirato's Return