Tue., Dec. 28 â" Devils vs. Bridgeport (L, 3-4 SO)
Fri., Dec. 31 â" Devils at Binghamton (W, 5-4)
Sat., Jan. 1 â" Devils at Adirondack (L, 1-2)
Sun., Jan. 2 â" Devils vs. Syracuse (L, 3-5)
Wed., Jan. 5 â" Devils vs. Adirondack (7:00 p.m.)
Fri., Jan. 7 â" Devils vs. Charlotte (7:00 p.m.)
Sat., Jan. 8 â" Devils vs. Syracuse (7:00 p.m.)
Fans who come to the Wednesday game against Adirondack can purchase a hot dog or a soda for just one dollar as part of "Dollar Dawg Night." On Friday, Devil Dawg, the most lovable and recognizable mascot in the AHL, celebrates his first birthday with several of this friends, including "NJ" and "Scorch" the New Jersey Devils and Trenton Devils mascots. The first 2,000 kids 12 and under will receive a pack of Devils Logo Bands.
The Devils and Anaconda Sports are giving fans a chance to win a luxury suite. Specific t-shirts will be tossed into the crowd during all home games in January, allowing fans to enter Devil Dawg's Lucky Square contest for their chance to win.
LOOKING BACK AT 2010
The past year has been a historical one for the Devils. The team made the playoffs for the first time as the Lowell Devils. The team announced it was relocating to Albany on June 10. Rick Kowalsky was named head coach on Aug. 10 and on Oct. 9 the Devils hosted Adirondack for the first-ever game as the Albany Devils. For the calendar year, the Devils posted a 32-35-1-8 record.
THE WEEK THAT WAS:
Tuesday, Devils 3 vs. Bridgeport 4 (Shootout)
For the second-straight game the Albany Devils lost in a shootout. This time it came on home ice to the Bridgeport Sound Tigers, 4-3, in front of 3,822 fans at the Times Union Center. Adam Henrique and Chad Wiseman each had a goal and an assist, but Bridgeport rallied in the shootout, outscoring the Devils, 2-1. Albany never trailed in the game until the final score. Wiseman and David McIntyre built a 2-0 first period lead and Henrique made it 3-2 after back-to-back second period goals by the Sound Tigers. Micheal Haley scored Bridgeport's third goal at 1:51 of the third.
Friday, Devils 5 at Binghamton 4
Alexander Vasyunov had four points, including the game-winning goal, to lead the Devils to a 5-4 victory at Binghamton. Vasyunov, who had two goals and two assists, had a hand on the team's final three goals, helping Albany erase a 3-2 deficit. Michael Swift joined Vasyunov with a multi-point effort. Swift had a goal and an assist. Stephen Gionta and Darcy Zajac also scored for the Devils, while Mike McKenna turned away 28 of 32 shots for the victory.
Saturday, Devils 1 at Adirondack 2
Greg Moore scored the game-winning goal with 3:54 remaining in regulation to give the Phantoms a 2-1 victory against the Devils at the Glens Falls Civic Center. His goal came when a bouncing puck deflected off Jeff Frazee's body and landed in the goal crease where he chipped in his second game-winning goal of the season. Michael Swift scored for Albany on the power play early in the second with assists going to Chad Wiseman and Matt Anderson. Jeff Frazee made 29 saves on 31 shots. At the other end, Brian Stewart made 18 stops on 19 tries.
Sunday, Devils 3 vs. Syracuse 5
The Devils rallied and even had a 5-on-3 power play late, but couldn't overcome the Syracuse Crunch Sunday at the Times Union Center. Syracuse's Trevor Smith led his team to a 5-3 victory with four goals, including the game-winner deep into the second. Chad Wiseman, David McIntyre and Michael Swift each scored for Albany. Syracuse's special teams led the way with two power-play goals and a pair of shorthanded goals.
-- Mark Fayne was returned on loan from New Jersey on Monday. Fayne appeared in 17 games for New Jersey since being recalled on Nov. 22. He made his NHL debut that same day against the Washington Capitals. During his time in the NHL, the Nashua, N.H. native posted two goals and an assist. This season in the AHL, Fayne has played 16 and registered a goal, three assists and a plus-5 rating.
-- Michael Swift is tied with Josh Bailey for the longest active point streak in the AHL. Swift has registered at least one point in eight-consecutive contests, including four-straight this past week. During his eight-game run, he has produced six goals and three assists. He has at least one point in 11 of the last 12 outings (8g-4a).
-- Chad Wiseman and Matt Anderson have pieced together a point streak as well. Wiseman has scored in five straight (2g-4a), while Anderson has points in four straight (0g-4a).
-- The Devils power play has been rolling, scoring at least one goal in each of the past five games. During that span the unit has converted on 6-of-23 attempts (26.1%).
LEADERS FOR ALBANY:
Goals: Michael Swift (12)
Assists: Matt Anderson (11), Vladimir Zharkov (11)
Points: Matt Anderson (22)
PIM: Louis Robitaille (93)
+/-: Mark Fayne (+5)
Wins: Jeff Frazee (9)
GAA: Jeff Frazee (2.80)
Save %: Jeff Frazee (.905)
*Currently in New Jersey
Wednesday, Devils vs. Adirondack (7:00 p.m.)
Adirondack is on a three-game winning streak with a 3-2 shootout win against Springfield (Dec. 31), a 2-1 win against Albany (Jan. 1) and a 3-2 shootout victory at Rochester (Jan. 2). For the season, the Phantoms are 10-25-2-0 (22 pts.) and are in eighth place in the East Division. Wednesday's game will be the fifth of the Time Warner Cable Cup and the series is tied, 2-2. Denis Hamel is Adirondack's active leader for points (23) and goals (12). He is tied with Danny Syvret with a club-best 11 assists.
Friday, Devils vs. Charlotte (7:00 p.m.)
The Checkers are 7-2-0-1 in their last 10 games and are sitting in second place in the East Division with a 20-11-1-3 (44 pts.) record. Most recently, the team split a pair of games against Binghamton with a 3-0 loss (Jan. 1) and a 4-2 win (Jan. 2). The Checkers are led by Jerome Samson, who has 36 points, including a team-best 18 goals. He is averaging 1.03 points per game. Between the pipes, Mike Murphy and Justin Pogge have shared time. Murphy is 9-6-2 in 18 games, while Pogge is 11-6-1 in 20 outings.
Saturday, Devils vs. Syracuse (7:00 p.m.)
Syracuse is riding a three-game winning streak, which includes a 5-3 win at Albany (Jan. 2). The Crunch are a spot ahead of the Devils in the East Division with a 14-18-1-3 (32 pts.) mark. Trevor Smith leads the team with 27 points, including a team-high 12 goals and 15 assists. Patrick Maroon is second with 18 points with eight goals and 10 assists. The goaltending duo of Jean-Philippe Levasseur and Timo Pielmeier has posted a .907 save percentage. Levasseur is 5-9-2 with a .910 save percentage, while Pielmeier is 9-10-1 with a .903 save percentage.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from January 3, 2011
- Admirals to Send Two Fans to Philly for Big Game - Milwaukee Admirals
- Skate with the Aeros at Discovery Green this Wednesday - Houston Aeros
- Devils Weekly - Albany Devils
- Liam Reddox and Linus Omark Recalled by Edmonton - Oklahoma City Barons
- Rangers Assign Michael Del Zotto to Whale, Recall Ryan McDonagh - Connecticut Whale
- Week Thirteen: Smith Shines - Syracuse Crunch
- New Year's Resolutions - Manitoba Moose
- Jones Named Reebok/AHL Rookie of the Month - Manchester Monarchs
- Wolves Weekly Notes - Chicago Wolves
- Quintin Laing Named Heat Team Captain. - Abbotsford Heat
- Anaheim Ducks Assign Center Nick Bonino - Syracuse Crunch
- David Desharnais Named Reebok/AHL Player of the Month - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Rampage Weekly Update - San Antonio Rampage
- Lack Named Reebok/AHL Goalie of Month - Manitoba Moose
- Trinity-Wesleyan Men's Matchup - Connecticut Whale
- Desharnais, Jones, Lack Named AHL Monthly Award Winners for December - AHL
- Adirondack Finishes 4-1 Week and on a 3-Game Winning Streak - Adirondack Phantoms
- Hamilton Bulldogs Weekly - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Rivermen Weekly - Peoria Rivermen
- Worcester Sharks Ring in the New Year in Dramatic Fashion - Worcester Sharks
- Defenseman Erik Gustafsson Returned to Adirondack - Adirondack Phantoms
- Stewart Wins AHL Player of Week Honor - Adirondack Phantoms
- Barons Weekly Report - Oklahoma City Barons
- Adirondack's Brian Stewart Named Reebok/AHL Player of the Week - AHL
- Crunch Players to Sign Autographs at Nestle Candy Display at Fayetteville Tops Friendly Markets - Syracuse Crunch
- Coyotes Assign Mikkel Boedker to San Antonio - San Antonio Rampage
- Whale Weekly - Connecticut Whale
- Gordie Roberts Added to Player Roster for Whalers Vs. Bruins Legends Game - Connecticut Whale
- Heat Reassign Nyren and Carpentier - Abbotsford Heat
- Lightning Reassign Janus to Everblades - Norfolk Admirals
- Three Game Road Trip Starts Friday In Winnipeg - Hershey Bears
- Bulldogs Announce Time Change For Sunday's Game - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Admirals Change Sunday Game Time to 1 Pm - Milwaukee Admirals
- Monarchs Weekly Report - Manchester Monarchs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.