Pokulok Appointed All-Star Game Starter
BAKERSFIELD, Calif. - The Bakersfield Condors, official ECHL affiliate of the Anaheim Ducks, announced today the ECHL has added Condors D Sasha Pokulok to the National Conference All-Star Team. Pokulok replaces Las Vegas D Robbie Bina as a starter in the contest, to be held Wednesday, Jan. 20 in Ontario, Calif.
Pokulok, 23, is having an all-star caliber season patrolling the Condors blueline. He has been among league leaders in defensemen scoring all season long, and sits 2nd with 10 goals and 3rd with 24 points. Just 33 games into the season, the Vaud-Dorion, Quebec, native is already tied for 9th on the Condors career defensemen goal-scoring list. Pokulok is tied for the ECHL lead among defensemen with five power play goals and is 3rd with 13 power play points.
"It's a great honor to play in the All-Star Game, especially as a starter," said Pokulok, who will be playing in his first All-Star Game at any level. "I've had a good season so far, and hopefully it's a sign that all of my hard work is paying off. I'm looking forward to seeing how many goals are scored in the game."
In total, seven Condors have been named to the National Conference All-Star Team, although two (RW Dan Sexton and C MacGregor Sharp) have been replaced due to recall or reassignment. Pokulok will join D Eric Regan, G Timo Pielmeier and LW Shawn Weller on the roster, with Marty Raymond serving as one of two National Conference coaches behind the bench.
The game will air live in Bakersfield on ESPN Radio 1230. It will be televised on Fox Sports West and FSWHD, on Bright House Networks Cable Ch. 24/100 and Ch. 1100 (HD), on DirectTV Ch. 692 and 692.1 (HD) and on Dish Network Ch. 417.
ON THE DOCKET:
The Condors road swing continues this week, heading to Ontario on Wednesday and Victoria for a two-game series on Friday and Saturday. They return home to host the Salmon Kings on Friday and Saturday, Jan. 22 and 23.
Jan. 22 is L.A. Dodgers Night, sponsored by Bright House Networks, KUZZ 107.9 and Sierra Recycling. Meet Dodger great and former World Series MVP Ron Cey, and up-and-coming lefty hurler Brent Leach, get autographs and pose for pictures with them in the Condors Photo Booth. Then, Saturday, Jan. 23 marks the return of the ZOOperstars to Condorstown. See the giant inflatable animal/athlete caricatures that have entertained the fans in Bakersfield for years, appearing courtesy of KGET-TV 17, 101.5 KGFM and Mercy & Memorial Hospitals.
All games, home and away, can be heard live on ESPN Radio 1230 AM or online at www.bakersfieldcondors.com and www.espnbakersfield.com. Live video streaming is also available through B2 Networks at www.B2now.com.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from January 13, 2010
- Royals Earn A Point In Shootout Loss To Florida, 2-1 - Reading Royals
- Wranglers Outgunned By Salmon Kings, 6-4 - Las Vegas Wranglers
- Grizzlies Rally To Earn Point In 4-3 Shootout Loss - Utah Grizzlies
- Steelheads Top Grizzlies In Shootout, 4-3 - Idaho Steelheads
- Trenton Devils Sign Carter Lee - Trenton Devils
- Trenton Skates Past Johnstown 4-2 - Trenton Devils
- Cyclones Skip Past K-Wings - Kalamazoo Wings
- Cyclones Claim First Place In 3-1 Win Over Kalamazoo - Cincinnati Cyclones
- 'Blades Tame Reading In Shootout Win - Florida Everblades
- Checkers Steamroll Gladiators - Charlotte Checkers
- Checkers Defeat Gladiators 9-4 - Atlanta Gladiators
- Grizzlies Add Two D-Men In Idaho - Utah Grizzlies
- Nailers Announce Weekend Ticket Special - Wheeling Nailers
- Steelheads, Grizzlies Agree To Pre-Game Trade - Idaho Steelheads
- Pokulok Appointed All-Star Game Starter - Bakersfield Condors
- James Sixsmith To Rejoin Grizzlies From AHL - Utah Grizzlies
- ECHL Transactions - ECHL
- Toyota's "Trip For Two" Contest Winner Is Steelheads Season Ticket Holder Hensel - ECHL
- Pokulok Added To National Conference Roster - ECHL
- Stefano Giliati Assigned To Reading - Reading Royals
- Wranglers Announce Free Clinic - Las Vegas Wranglers
- Stingrays Receive Reid From Hershey - South Carolina Stingrays
- Tkaczuk Returns To Checkers From AHL Call-Up - Charlotte Checkers
- Taylor Recalled To AHL Syracuse - Atlanta Gladiators
- Goaltender Barry Brust Loaned to Florida; Forward Harrison Reed Assigned - Florida Everblades
- Pitton Returns From Edmonton, Sorochan Recalled - Stockton Thunder
- Versteeg Returns From Sharks - Kalamazoo Wings
- ECHL Today - ECHL
- B2 Networks Provides Online Broadcasts For ECHL All-Star Game, Skills Competition - ECHL
- Checkers To Host "Blue Line To Finish Line" Charity Event - Charlotte Checkers
- ECHL All Star Game Televised In Toledo On BCSN - Toledo Walleye
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.