Pierre Jackson Captains South Bay to Victory over Clippers
EL SEGUNDO - The South Bay Lakers ended February on a great note as they beat the Agua Caliente Clippers, 123-118, on Saturday night. Pierre Jackson couldn't be stopped, as he scored a season-best 38 points to lead South Bay (17-22) to the win. Terance Mann paced the Clippers (20-20) with 23 points and 13 rebounds.
A balanced scoring effort pushed the Lakers ahead through one, 33-20, led by eight points from Jackson. Jackson carried the Lakers in the second quarter with 14 points, as South Bay took a 68-51 halftime lead.
The Clippers came all the way back in the third quarter, behind 15 points from Markel Crawford, but South Bay maintained a 90-89 lead. It was a back-and-forth affair in the fourth quarter, but 12 points from Jackson and clutch shots from David Stockton helped South Bay come away with the victory.
Mann's double-double led the way for the Clippers, with Johnathan Motley grabbing one of his own, finishing with 23 points and 10 rebounds. Crawford led the second unit with 18 points and Mfiondu Kabengele tallied 19 points and four steals. Desi Rodriguez had 12 points and James Palmer Jr. also finished in double figures with 11 points.
Jackson paced South Bay with his 38 points, three rebounds, four assists and three steals, while Stockton did some of everything with 16 points, seven rebounds and eight assists. Devontae Cacok had his 23rd double-double of the year with 12 points and 13 rebounds and Kostas Antetokounmpo scored 19 points with six rebounds, two assists and one block. Reggie Hearn (11 points), Wayne Selden Jr. (11 points) and Javan Felix (10 points) also scored in double figures for South Bay.
South Bay now hits the road for their last game of the season outside of California when they face the Salt Lake City Stars on Monday, March 2 at 6:00pm from the Vivint Smart Home Arena, the home of the Utah Jazz.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from February 29, 2020
- Hustle Drop Second of Back-To-Back against Salt Lake City - Memphis Hustle
- NAZ Suns No Match for Legends in Texas - Northern Arizona Suns
- Blue Coats Best Bulls Behind Big Double-Double from Koumadje - Delaware Blue Coats
- Drive Fall to Magic on Saturday Night - Grand Rapids Drive
- Pierre Jackson Captains South Bay to Victory over Clippers - South Bay Lakers
- Magic Top Drive on Saturday Night - Grand Rapids Drive
- Greensboro Falls to College Park - Greensboro Swarm
- Blue Run Away with Game against Wolves in Oklahoma City - Iowa Wolves
- Windy City Loses at Delaware, 122-99 - Windy City Bulls
- Waters, Brown Lead Red Claws to Win - Maine Red Claws
- Westchester Succumbs to Loss against Conference Leaders - Westchester Knicks
- Herd Stampedes Past Knickerbockers 115-108 - Wisconsin Herd
- Charge Go-Go for Eighth Straight Home Win - Canton Charge
- Minnesota Timberwolves Assign Jacob Evans III and Jarred Vanderbilt to G League Affiliate Iowa Wolves - Iowa Wolves
- Westchester Knicks Acquire Alum Keith Wright - Westchester Knicks
- Magic Waive Reggis Onwukamuche - Lakeland Magic
- Warriors Defeat Vipers, 130-128, on Jeremy Pargo Game Winner - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Payne Goes Full Force in the Fourth to Lead Legends over Sioux Falls - Texas Legends
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.