Westchester Succumbs to Loss against Conference Leaders
WHITE PLAINS, NY - February 29, 2020 - The Westchester Knicks, the official NBA G League affiliate of the New York Knicks, stayed competitive with the Eastern Conference leading Wisconsin Herd but were unable to emerge and fell, 115-108, Saturday evening at Westchester County Center.
Despite staying within close grips of the Herd (31-9), the Knicks (17-23) succumbed to 10-point deficits in each of the final two minutes of the first three quarters. Wisconsin owned a lead as large 11 points in the first three frames. However, the Knicks managed to keep the point differential within single digits for all but about a minute of the 36-minute window.
To roll out the fourth, the Knicks were unable to surge through. A balanced effort from both teams in the quarter's first six minutes caused the Knicks to mirror its deficit to start the window, again at 6:09, 102-92.
A Westchester basket two possessions later brought the Knicks back within single digits, and one of Andrew White III's four three-pointers pulled the hosts within six with less than five minutes to play. Relentless, Wisconsin continued to attack promoting its advantage to nine three more times before an availing layup by Ivan Rabb settled the seven-point Knicks setback.
Ivan Rabb's team-leading 28 points complimented a 15-rebound effort for his 18th double-double. Lamar Peters' deposited 15 assists, fresh off of his franchise record-setting 19 dimes, to go along with 15 points. White III gave a 21-point showing.
For the Herd, Frank Mason led all with 32 points. Cameron Reynolds' 17 points complimented seven rebounds. Jemerrio Jones' double-double comprised of 12 points and 11 rebounds.
The Knicks will be back in action on Friday, March 6 as they travel to Wisconsin to rematch the Herd, 8 PM ET.
Andrew White III Contributes 21 Points in 33 Minutes - https://youtu.be/L80GxYFD7W8
Ivan Rabb Scores Team-High 28 Points in Double-Double - https://youtu.be/PqTM50lXp-M
Lamar Peters Supplies 12 Assists and 15 points in 33 Minutes - https://youtu.be/TUkoX_q5XjA
For information on Knicks' season ticket packages, fans may visit www.WestchesterKnicks.com or contact the sales office at (914) 559-6889 or at [email protected]
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from February 29, 2020
- Hustle Drop Second of Back-To-Back against Salt Lake City - Memphis Hustle
- NAZ Suns No Match for Legends in Texas - Northern Arizona Suns
- Blue Coats Best Bulls Behind Big Double-Double from Koumadje - Delaware Blue Coats
- Drive Fall to Magic on Saturday Night - Grand Rapids Drive
- Pierre Jackson Captains South Bay to Victory over Clippers - South Bay Lakers
- Magic Top Drive on Saturday Night - Grand Rapids Drive
- Greensboro Falls to College Park - Greensboro Swarm
- Blue Run Away with Game against Wolves in Oklahoma City - Iowa Wolves
- Windy City Loses at Delaware, 122-99 - Windy City Bulls
- Waters, Brown Lead Red Claws to Win - Maine Red Claws
- Westchester Succumbs to Loss against Conference Leaders - Westchester Knicks
- Herd Stampedes Past Knickerbockers 115-108 - Wisconsin Herd
- Charge Go-Go for Eighth Straight Home Win - Canton Charge
- Minnesota Timberwolves Assign Jacob Evans III and Jarred Vanderbilt to G League Affiliate Iowa Wolves - Iowa Wolves
- Westchester Knicks Acquire Alum Keith Wright - Westchester Knicks
- Magic Waive Reggis Onwukamuche - Lakeland Magic
- Warriors Defeat Vipers, 130-128, on Jeremy Pargo Game Winner - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Payne Goes Full Force in the Fourth to Lead Legends over Sioux Falls - Texas Legends
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.