Blue Run Away with Game against Wolves in Oklahoma City
Oklahoma City, Okla - The Iowa Wolves (17-22) cut a second-half deficit to four points before losing 122-107 to the Oklahoma City Blue (19-19) on the road Saturday night.
Iowa has now lost four straight games dating back to Feb. 13.
Lindell Wigginton scored a game-high 21 points to go along with four rebounds and five assists for the Wolves.
A pair of forwards finished with a double-double for Iowa. James Webb III collected 20 points and 13 rebounds and Minnesota Timberwolves assignee Jarred Vanderbilt finished with 18 points and 13 rebounds.
Vanderbilt has now recorded two double-doubles in his first three games on assignment.
Iowa allowed Oklahoma City to shoot 48.4% (45-93) from the field and 40.0% (16-40) from beyond the arc in the loss for the road team.
The Blue are now 13-1 this season when scoring at least 120 points in a contest.
Seven players finished in double figures for Oklahoma City, led by a 20-point performance from Devon Hall.
The Wolves continue their three-game road trip Wednesday night with a matchup against the Northern Arizona Suns at 7:30 p.m. CT.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from February 29, 2020
- Hustle Drop Second of Back-To-Back against Salt Lake City - Memphis Hustle
- NAZ Suns No Match for Legends in Texas - Northern Arizona Suns
- Blue Coats Best Bulls Behind Big Double-Double from Koumadje - Delaware Blue Coats
- Drive Fall to Magic on Saturday Night - Grand Rapids Drive
- Pierre Jackson Captains South Bay to Victory over Clippers - South Bay Lakers
- Magic Top Drive on Saturday Night - Grand Rapids Drive
- Greensboro Falls to College Park - Greensboro Swarm
- Blue Run Away with Game against Wolves in Oklahoma City - Iowa Wolves
- Windy City Loses at Delaware, 122-99 - Windy City Bulls
- Waters, Brown Lead Red Claws to Win - Maine Red Claws
- Westchester Succumbs to Loss against Conference Leaders - Westchester Knicks
- Herd Stampedes Past Knickerbockers 115-108 - Wisconsin Herd
- Charge Go-Go for Eighth Straight Home Win - Canton Charge
- Minnesota Timberwolves Assign Jacob Evans III and Jarred Vanderbilt to G League Affiliate Iowa Wolves - Iowa Wolves
- Westchester Knicks Acquire Alum Keith Wright - Westchester Knicks
- Magic Waive Reggis Onwukamuche - Lakeland Magic
- Warriors Defeat Vipers, 130-128, on Jeremy Pargo Game Winner - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Payne Goes Full Force in the Fourth to Lead Legends over Sioux Falls - Texas Legends
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Iowa Wolves Stories
- Wolves Statement on NBA G League's Decision to Cancel Remainder of 2019-20 Season
- Wolves Issue Statement on NBA G League's Decision to Suspend Game Play
- Late Heroics Lift Wolves over Vipers
- Spellman's Triple-Double Not Enough in Home Loss to Warriors
- Wolves Fail to Hold off Stars in Salt Lake City