Greensboro Falls to College Park
(GREENSBORO, N.C.) - The Greensboro Swarm, the NBA G League affiliate of the Charlotte Hornets, dropped the second game of its back-to-back, 125-104, to the College Park Skyhawks (Atlanta Hawks affiliate) on Friday at the Fieldhouse at the Greensboro Coliseum Complex. Dwayne Bacon had 29 points for the Swarm (8-33), but College Park (20-20) shot 53 percent from the field to secure the road victory.
Greensboro attacked the basket early on, scoring 18 of their 23 first quarter points in the paint. The first half was a back-and-forth contest with eight lead changes. However, the Skyhawks held a narrow two-point lead after 24 minutes of play, 54-52.
College Park came out hot after the break, outscoring the Swarm, 38-24, in the third quarter with 12 points coming from Cat Barber. The Skyhawks continued their strong play into the final frame to secure the win and earn an even record on the season.
College Park's starters combined for 96 points on the night, including strong performances from Barber (25 points), Charles Brown Jr. (23 points) and Jordan Sibert (22 points). The Skyhawks' pace played a major role in the game, outscoring the Swarm, 28-4, in fast break points.
Bacon, on assignment from the Charlotte Hornets, led the Swarm with 29 points to go along with nine rebounds in just over 38 minutes of play. Recently-acquired KJ McDaniels provided a spark off the bench, posting 17 points on 7-of-12 shooting. Thomas Welsh was solid on both ends of the floor with nine points and 12 rebounds while Joel Berry contributed with 16 points and seven assists.
The game was also the Swarm's annual Theme Jersey Night. On behalf of Allegacy Federal Credit Union, Greensboro wore Junior Achievement of the Triad themed jerseys. The game-worn jerseys were sold in a silent auction during the game and approximately $1,800 was raised for the local nonprofit.
Greensboro begins a three-game road trip starting on Friday, March 6, as they travel to Pennsylvania to take on the Erie BayHawks (New Orleans Pelicans affiliate) at 7:00 p.m. ET.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from February 29, 2020
- Hustle Drop Second of Back-To-Back against Salt Lake City - Memphis Hustle
- NAZ Suns No Match for Legends in Texas - Northern Arizona Suns
- Blue Coats Best Bulls Behind Big Double-Double from Koumadje - Delaware Blue Coats
- Drive Fall to Magic on Saturday Night - Grand Rapids Drive
- Pierre Jackson Captains South Bay to Victory over Clippers - South Bay Lakers
- Magic Top Drive on Saturday Night - Grand Rapids Drive
- Greensboro Falls to College Park - Greensboro Swarm
- Blue Run Away with Game against Wolves in Oklahoma City - Iowa Wolves
- Windy City Loses at Delaware, 122-99 - Windy City Bulls
- Waters, Brown Lead Red Claws to Win - Maine Celtics
- Westchester Succumbs to Loss against Conference Leaders - Westchester Knicks
- Herd Stampedes Past Knickerbockers 115-108 - Wisconsin Herd
- Charge Go-Go for Eighth Straight Home Win - Canton Charge
- Minnesota Timberwolves Assign Jacob Evans III and Jarred Vanderbilt to G League Affiliate Iowa Wolves - Iowa Wolves
- Westchester Knicks Acquire Alum Keith Wright - Westchester Knicks
- Magic Waive Reggis Onwukamuche - Lakeland Magic
- Warriors Defeat Vipers, 130-128, on Jeremy Pargo Game Winner - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Payne Goes Full Force in the Fourth to Lead Legends over Sioux Falls - Texas Legends
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Greensboro Swarm Stories
- Greensboro Swarm to Celebrate 5th Anniversary Season
- Greensboro Swarm, PNC Bank Team up for Third Season to Support Guilford Child Development
- Hornets Recall Vernon Carey Jr. and Nick Richards from Greensboro Swarm
- Simmons Shines as Swarm Conclude Single-Site Season
- Greensboro Drops Close Game to Fort Wayne