Charge Go-Go for Eighth Straight Home Win
CANTON, OH - The Canton Charge (26-13), took down the Capital City Go-Go, 136-112, for their eighth consecutive home win, improving to 16-3 at home this season.
Trailing 11-9 early in the game, Canton pulled ahead for good on a 18-5 run and never looked back en route to taking the season series between the two teams, 2-1.
Two-Way player Matt Mooney led the Charge with a career-high 29 points, going 5-for-7 from behind the arc, along with a team-high six rebounds, five assists and two steals in 31 minutes of action. Levi Randolph followed with 23 points, shooting 57% from the field, while Dean Wade tallied 20 points and four boards in 24 minutes of play.
Assignment player Admiral Schofield led the Go-Go with 18 points in 27 minutes of action. Ike Iroegbu came off the bench for 17 points in 20 minutes of play while Mike Cobbins dominated the paint with 11 boards along with eight points.
The Charge will play at the world class Rocket Mortgage FieldHouse against the Fort Wayne Mad Ants tomorrow afternoon at 3:00 p.m. - Kids 14 & under are free with an adult ticket purchase and the first 4,000 fans will receive a bobblehead of sports legend Jim Thorpe presented by Visit Canton! There is no better time than now to join Charge Nation! Become a 2020-21 Charge Nation member and attend the rest of this season for FREE! You'll also receive complimentary Cavs and Monsters tickets plus tons more added value! For more info, find us at a game, visit www.CantonCharge.com or call 866-444-1944. The Canton Charge are part of the Cleveland Cavaliers organization and are also owned by a group led by Cavaliers Chairman and Quicken Loans Founder and Chairman Dan Gilbert. The group also owns and operates the Cleveland Monsters of the American Hockey League, who play their games at Rocket Mortgage FieldHouse in downtown Cleveland.
Images from this story
Canton Charge guard/forward Sir'Dominic Pointer goes high vs. the Capital City Go-Go
Canton Charge game plan against the Capital City Go-Go
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from February 29, 2020
- Hustle Drop Second of Back-To-Back against Salt Lake City - Memphis Hustle
- NAZ Suns No Match for Legends in Texas - Northern Arizona Suns
- Blue Coats Best Bulls Behind Big Double-Double from Koumadje - Delaware Blue Coats
- Drive Fall to Magic on Saturday Night - Grand Rapids Drive
- Pierre Jackson Captains South Bay to Victory over Clippers - South Bay Lakers
- Magic Top Drive on Saturday Night - Grand Rapids Drive
- Greensboro Falls to College Park - Greensboro Swarm
- Blue Run Away with Game against Wolves in Oklahoma City - Iowa Wolves
- Windy City Loses at Delaware, 122-99 - Windy City Bulls
- Waters, Brown Lead Red Claws to Win - Maine Red Claws
- Westchester Succumbs to Loss against Conference Leaders - Westchester Knicks
- Herd Stampedes Past Knickerbockers 115-108 - Wisconsin Herd
- Charge Go-Go for Eighth Straight Home Win - Canton Charge
- Minnesota Timberwolves Assign Jacob Evans III and Jarred Vanderbilt to G League Affiliate Iowa Wolves - Iowa Wolves
- Westchester Knicks Acquire Alum Keith Wright - Westchester Knicks
- Magic Waive Reggis Onwukamuche - Lakeland Magic
- Warriors Defeat Vipers, 130-128, on Jeremy Pargo Game Winner - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Payne Goes Full Force in the Fourth to Lead Legends over Sioux Falls - Texas Legends
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.