Windy City Loses at Delaware, 122-99
The Windy City Bulls, presented by BMO Harris Bank, the official G League affiliate of the Chicago Bulls, dropped the tail end of a back-to-back on the road to the Delaware Blue Coats, 122-99 on Saturday night.
Both teams shot under .350 from the field in a low-scoring first quarter as the Blue Coats jumped out to an early 18-10 advantage, only to see the Bulls rally back on a 9-0 run to grab the lead 19-18 heading into the second frame.
The offensive output increased for both sides, though Delaware was able to connect more often from long range, knocking down five three-pointers as a team in the second quarter alone and 7-for-17 for the half.
The sharp-shooting from the outside and a 33-22 rebounding advantage helped the Blue Coats outscore the Bulls 34-21 in the second quarter to lead 52-40 at the break.
7'4" Christ Koumadje out of Florida State pulled down 16 of those 33 Delaware rebounds in the first half, while Philadelphia 76ers Two-Way player Marial Shayok led the Blue Coats in scoring with 13 points.
Doing the majority of the scoring for Windy City over the first 24 minutes were Jaron Blossomgame with 13 points and Justin Simon with ten.
The Blue Coats solid offensive effort continued, ending the third quarter shooting .440 from beyond the arc as a team (11-for-25), but Windy City forced seven Delaware turnovers in the third frame to trim the deficit to 10, 82-72 heading into the fourth.
The Bulls have defended well all season long, currently ranking first in the G League in steals per game (11.2), and second in the league in overall Defensive Rating (103.5).
However, the Windy City defense was not enough on this occasion as the Blue Coats took control to score 40 points over the final twelve minutes to close out the win.
Delaware finished the game with a 52-39 rebounding advantage thanks to a career-high 24 rebounds from Koumadje.
The Blue Coats also finished 15-for-32 from three-point range as a team including 4-for-7 from Shayok (25 points) and 5-for-8 from Jared Brownridge (21 points).
Blossomgame recorded another double-double for the Bulls with 26 points to lead all scorers, 11 rebounds and two steals. Simon notched 21 points, seven rebounds and three steals.
Windy City (16-23) will have a few days off before hosting Raptors 905 next Wednesday for an early 11 a.m. tip on Education Day presented by BMO Harris Bank.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from February 29, 2020
- Hustle Drop Second of Back-To-Back against Salt Lake City - Memphis Hustle
- NAZ Suns No Match for Legends in Texas - Northern Arizona Suns
- Blue Coats Best Bulls Behind Big Double-Double from Koumadje - Delaware Blue Coats
- Drive Fall to Magic on Saturday Night - Grand Rapids Drive
- Pierre Jackson Captains South Bay to Victory over Clippers - South Bay Lakers
- Magic Top Drive on Saturday Night - Grand Rapids Drive
- Greensboro Falls to College Park - Greensboro Swarm
- Blue Run Away with Game against Wolves in Oklahoma City - Iowa Wolves
- Windy City Loses at Delaware, 122-99 - Windy City Bulls
- Waters, Brown Lead Red Claws to Win - Maine Red Claws
- Westchester Succumbs to Loss against Conference Leaders - Westchester Knicks
- Herd Stampedes Past Knickerbockers 115-108 - Wisconsin Herd
- Charge Go-Go for Eighth Straight Home Win - Canton Charge
- Minnesota Timberwolves Assign Jacob Evans III and Jarred Vanderbilt to G League Affiliate Iowa Wolves - Iowa Wolves
- Westchester Knicks Acquire Alum Keith Wright - Westchester Knicks
- Magic Waive Reggis Onwukamuche - Lakeland Magic
- Warriors Defeat Vipers, 130-128, on Jeremy Pargo Game Winner - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Payne Goes Full Force in the Fourth to Lead Legends over Sioux Falls - Texas Legends
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Windy City Bulls Stories
- NBA G League Cancels Remainder of 2019-20 Season
- Windy City Bulls Virtual 5K to Benefit the Barn Senior Program of Schaumburg
- Windy City Bulls Player-Designed Shirt Sales to Benefit Local Food Pantry
- Mokoka Leads Windy City to Tough Win over Maine, 120-112
- Bulls Come up Short at Home to Go-Go, 117-108