Magic Waive Reggis Onwukamuche
The Lakeland Magic announced today the team has waived Reggis Onwukamuche after acquiring the returning player rights to forward Amile Jefferson in a trade with the Iowa Wolves.
Onwukamuche (6'10", 225, 3/18/92) has played in 141 games in the NBA G League, including 31 games this season with the Lakeland Magic, averaging 2.1 ppg and 3 RPG.
Onwukamuche was selected in the 6th round in the 2015 NBA D-League Draft by the Bakersfield Jam. The following year he played with the Rio Grande Valley Vipers before being traded to the Erie BayHawks. He returned to the Lakeland Magic in 2017 as a returning rights player shooting 43.5 percent from the field and averaging 3.3 blocks per game.
Onwukamuche played two collegiate seasons at Prairie View A&M after transferring from Lone Star College. He was named SWAC's Defensive Player of the Year and named to All-SWAC Second Team for his senior season. Onwukamuche averaged 6.4 points, 5.4 rebounds, and 1.73 blocks per game as a senior in 2014-15.
The Magic continue their road trip Saturday, February 29 against the Grand Rapids Drive. Tip-off at the DeltaPlex Arena is set for 7:00 pm. The game will be available on NBAGLeague.com.
Lakeland Magic single-game tickets and group tickets are available now. For ticket information, visit lakelandmagic.com or call 863.825.3258.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from February 29, 2020
- Hustle Drop Second of Back-To-Back against Salt Lake City - Memphis Hustle
- NAZ Suns No Match for Legends in Texas - Northern Arizona Suns
- Blue Coats Best Bulls Behind Big Double-Double from Koumadje - Delaware Blue Coats
- Drive Fall to Magic on Saturday Night - Grand Rapids Drive
- Pierre Jackson Captains South Bay to Victory over Clippers - South Bay Lakers
- Magic Top Drive on Saturday Night - Grand Rapids Drive
- Greensboro Falls to College Park - Greensboro Swarm
- Blue Run Away with Game against Wolves in Oklahoma City - Iowa Wolves
- Windy City Loses at Delaware, 122-99 - Windy City Bulls
- Waters, Brown Lead Red Claws to Win - Maine Red Claws
- Westchester Succumbs to Loss against Conference Leaders - Westchester Knicks
- Herd Stampedes Past Knickerbockers 115-108 - Wisconsin Herd
- Charge Go-Go for Eighth Straight Home Win - Canton Charge
- Minnesota Timberwolves Assign Jacob Evans III and Jarred Vanderbilt to G League Affiliate Iowa Wolves - Iowa Wolves
- Westchester Knicks Acquire Alum Keith Wright - Westchester Knicks
- Magic Waive Reggis Onwukamuche - Lakeland Magic
- Warriors Defeat Vipers, 130-128, on Jeremy Pargo Game Winner - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Payne Goes Full Force in the Fourth to Lead Legends over Sioux Falls - Texas Legends
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.