Blue Coats Best Bulls Behind Big Double-Double from Koumadje
WILMINGTON - The Delaware Blue Coats (20-18), the NBA G League affiliate of the Philadelphia 76ers, defeated the Windy City Bulls (16-23), 122-99, on Saturday night at 76ers Fieldhouse. Christ Koumadje notched the 15th double-double of his rookie season with 13 points (6-12 fg, 1-2 ft) and a season-high 24 rebounds in 30 minutes to help the Blue Coats even the season series.
Koumadje's 24 rebounds match the total for the most rebounds by a player in a single game in the G League this season (Eric Mika, Stockton Kings). Koumadje previously recorded 20 rebounds in an 18 point, 20 rebound and 12 block triple-double at Erie on Feb. 1. The 7-foot-4 center added three blocked shots to bring his season total to a league-leading 124 rejections.
Seven Blue Coats players scored in double figures for the eighth time this season.
76ers two-way contract player Marial Shayok led the way with 25 points (9-16 fg, 4-7 3fg, 2-2 ft), four rebounds and five assists in 27 minutes of action. Jared Brownridge and Justin Robinson combined for 40 points off the Delaware bench. Brownridge netted 21 points (7-10 fg, 5-8 3fg, 1-1 ft) with four rebounds in 22 minutes, while Robinson tallied 19 points (8-11 fg, 1-2 3fg, 1-1 ft), three rebounds and five assists in 23 minutes.
The Blue Coats led 52-40 at halftime and by as many as 26 points late in the fourth quarter. The team improves to 13-4 overall when leading at the break and 18-3 when leading at the start of the fourth quarter. Delaware outrebounded Windy City 52-40 and has now hauled in 50 rebounds or more on 22 occasions.
Jaron Blossomgame secured a double-double for the visiting Bulls with 26 points (11-18 fg, 1-2 3fg, 2-2 ft) and 11 rebounds in a game-high 37 minutes of work. Justin Simon added 21 points (9-23 fg, 2-7 3fg, 1-2 ft), seven rebounds and three steals in 32 minutes for Windy City.
The Blue Coats will embark on a three-game road trip that begins on Monday night at 7 p.m. ET against the Capital City Go-Go. The team then visits the Long Island Nets and Raptors 905 before returning home for a meeting with the Lakeland Magic next Sunday at 2 p.m. ET at 76ers Fieldhouse.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from February 29, 2020
- Hustle Drop Second of Back-To-Back against Salt Lake City - Memphis Hustle
- NAZ Suns No Match for Legends in Texas - Northern Arizona Suns
- Blue Coats Best Bulls Behind Big Double-Double from Koumadje - Delaware Blue Coats
- Drive Fall to Magic on Saturday Night - Grand Rapids Drive
- Pierre Jackson Captains South Bay to Victory over Clippers - South Bay Lakers
- Magic Top Drive on Saturday Night - Grand Rapids Drive
- Greensboro Falls to College Park - Greensboro Swarm
- Blue Run Away with Game against Wolves in Oklahoma City - Iowa Wolves
- Windy City Loses at Delaware, 122-99 - Windy City Bulls
- Waters, Brown Lead Red Claws to Win - Maine Red Claws
- Westchester Succumbs to Loss against Conference Leaders - Westchester Knicks
- Herd Stampedes Past Knickerbockers 115-108 - Wisconsin Herd
- Charge Go-Go for Eighth Straight Home Win - Canton Charge
- Minnesota Timberwolves Assign Jacob Evans III and Jarred Vanderbilt to G League Affiliate Iowa Wolves - Iowa Wolves
- Westchester Knicks Acquire Alum Keith Wright - Westchester Knicks
- Magic Waive Reggis Onwukamuche - Lakeland Magic
- Warriors Defeat Vipers, 130-128, on Jeremy Pargo Game Winner - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Payne Goes Full Force in the Fourth to Lead Legends over Sioux Falls - Texas Legends
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Delaware Blue Coats Stories
- Delaware Blue Coats to Play First-Ever Playoff Game on Monday at 8:15 p.m. Et against Austin Spurs
- Blue Coats Hold Stars to NBA G League Season-Low 83 Points in Third Straight Win
- Blue Coats Clinch First Playoff Berth in Franchise History
- Blue Coats Beat NBA G League Ignite for Eighth Win
- Reed Scores Rookie Career-High 35 Points against Oklahoma City