Penultimate Regular Season Game Rained Out
EASTLAKE, Ohio - After the Loons took game one in their final series of the season on Saturday night against Lake County, they were looking to win the current series and season series against the Captains on Sunday. But, with rain projected for many hours after the originally scheduled first pitch time of 6:00 p.m. EDT, the game was canceled before it even began.
In theory, the game could be made up on Monday as part of a doubleheader, but with there being no impact on any playoff standings the game was simply canceled.
The Loons (Dodgers) and Captains (Indians) will play one another in the first round of the Midwest League playoffs beginning on Wednesday at Classic Park. Game two in the best-of-three series will be played at Dow Diamond in Midland, MI along with an if-necessary game three.
Monday's series finale is still scheduled to be played at 1:00 p.m. EDT. Radio pregame coverage will begin at 12:30 on ESPN 100.9-FM.
MWL PLAYOFFS COMING THURSDAY
Sept. 5, Game 2 vs. Lake County Captains
- Pregame tailgate party @ Larkin Beer Garden
- Rally towel giveaway
- $1 Family Feast Night presented by Chemical Bank
- Postgame fireworks
The Great Lakes Loons have been the Single-A partner of the Los Angeles Dodgers since the team's inception in 2007. Dow Diamond serves as the team's home and also houses the Michigan Baseball Foundation, a 501(c)(3) non-profit public charity, and ESPN 100.9-FM. For tickets or information about the Loons, call 989-837-BALL or visit Loons.com.
• Discuss this story on the Midwest League message board...
Midwest League Stories from September 1, 2019
- Garza a Hero, Cougars Alone in First - Kane County Cougars
- McGuire Spells Relief in 7-5 Victory - Lansing Lugnuts
- Harris Homers and Ruiz Doubles Twice in Seasonâ??s Penultimate Game - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Chiefs Stun Clinton Sunday - Peoria Chiefs
- Sunday's Captains vs. Loons Game Cancelled - Lake County Captains
- Four-Run Third Leads Kernels over Snappers - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Penultimate Regular Season Game Rained Out - Great Lakes Loons
- Pitching Propels 'Caps to Third Straight Victory - West Michigan Whitecaps
- Walk-Off Error Propels Cubs over Hot Rods 4-3 - South Bend Cubs
- 4-Run Third Inning Cost Snappers in 5-1 Loss - Beloit Snappers
- Andrews' Gem Wasted in Loss to Peoria - Clinton LumberKings
- Bandits Allow Two Hits, Lose 3-2 to Wisconsin - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Whalen Homers Twice, Baz K's Nine in 4-3 Walk-Off Loss - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Whitecaps Top Dragons 2-0 Before Season's Largest Crowd on Sunday Afternoon - Dayton Dragons
- Early Lead Is Enough For Rattlers Win at Quad Cities - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- TinCaps Game Notes: September 1 vs. Lansing (Game 137) - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Anthony Prato joins Kernels from Elizabethton - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Dragons Notes for Sunday - Dayton Dragons
- Mistakes Prove Costly as Bandits Drop 4-3 Decision - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Wisconsin Edges Quad Cities 4-3 - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.