Dragons Notes for Sunday
Sunday, Sept. 1, 2019 l Game # 69 (139)
Fifth Third Field l Dayton, Ohio l 2:09 p.m.
TV: Dayton's CW (26) l Radio: Fox Sports 980 WONE
West Michigan Whitecaps (27-41, 48-89) at Dayton Dragons (29-39, 57-81)
RH Robbie Welhaf (4-7, 2.88) vs. RH Eduardo Salazar (6-3, 4.00)
Today's Game: The Dayton Dragons (affiliate of the Cincinnati Reds) meet the West Michigan Whitecaps (affiliate of the Detroit Tigers) in the second game of a three-game series. This is the next to last game of the 2019 season.
Last Game: Saturday: West Michigan 5, Dayton 4. West Michigan scored five runs in the top of the sixth inning to overcome a 4-0 deficit. Riley Greene's three-run triple with no outs in the inning was the big hit. The Dragons got a two-run home run from Claudio Finol in the first inning on the way to the lead. Michael Siani had two hits, three stolen bases, and an outstanding defensive play in center field for the Dragons. Finol had two hits including his first homer of the year. The game drew the largest crowd of the season at 9,189.
Michael Siani leads the Midwest League in stolen bases with 45. Two players in Dragons history have led the league in steals. They are Billy Hamilton (2011) and Jose Siri (2017).
Siani over his last 14 games is batting .368 with one home run.
Miguel Hernandez over his last 15 games is batting .365 with one home run, six doubles and a triple. He is batting .318 in August (27 G).
Morgan Lofstrom over his last 16 games is batting .333 with one home run. He is batting .328 in August (18 G).
Juan Martinez over his last 15 games is batting .339 with two home runs.
Cameron Warren is batting .314 over his last 12 games.
Adrian Rodriguez in the month of August has posted an ERA of 1.48 in six games (five starts) (30.1 IP, 5 ER). His ERA ranks second in the MWL and first in the Reds organization for the month among qualified pitchers.
Clate Schmidt in the month of August has posted an ERA of 2.08 in eight games (three starts) (26 IP, 6 ER).
Matt Pidich over his last 30 games: 1.40 ERA, 51.1 IP, 30 H, 16 R, 8 ER, 14 BB, 57 SO.
Eddy Demurias over his last seven games: 1.54 ERA, 11.2 IP, 6 H, 2 R, 1 BB, 8 SO.
Upcoming Probable Pitchers (Game times are Dayton time) (All games on WONE 980 AM and www.daytondragons.com)
Monday, Sept. 2 (2:00 p.m.): West Michigan LH Robert Klinchock (0-1, 4.50) at Dayton RH Clate Schmidt (2-1, 2.41)
• Discuss this story on the Midwest League message board...
Midwest League Stories from September 1, 2019
- Garza a Hero, Cougars Alone in First - Kane County Cougars
- McGuire Spells Relief in 7-5 Victory - Lansing Lugnuts
- Harris Homers and Ruiz Doubles Twice in Seasonâ??s Penultimate Game - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Chiefs Stun Clinton Sunday - Peoria Chiefs
- Sunday's Captains vs. Loons Game Cancelled - Lake County Captains
- Four-Run Third Leads Kernels over Snappers - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Penultimate Regular Season Game Rained Out - Great Lakes Loons
- Pitching Propels 'Caps to Third Straight Victory - West Michigan Whitecaps
- Walk-Off Error Propels Cubs over Hot Rods 4-3 - South Bend Cubs
- 4-Run Third Inning Cost Snappers in 5-1 Loss - Beloit Snappers
- Andrews' Gem Wasted in Loss to Peoria - Clinton LumberKings
- Bandits Allow Two Hits, Lose 3-2 to Wisconsin - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Whalen Homers Twice, Baz K's Nine in 4-3 Walk-Off Loss - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Whitecaps Top Dragons 2-0 Before Season's Largest Crowd on Sunday Afternoon - Dayton Dragons
- Early Lead Is Enough For Rattlers Win at Quad Cities - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- TinCaps Game Notes: September 1 vs. Lansing (Game 137) - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Anthony Prato joins Kernels from Elizabethton - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Dragons Notes for Sunday - Dayton Dragons
- Mistakes Prove Costly as Bandits Drop 4-3 Decision - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Wisconsin Edges Quad Cities 4-3 - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Dayton Dragons Stories
- Dayton Dragons 2020 Season Is Cancelled
- Dayton Dragons Issue Statement Regarding Governor's Order
- Dayton Dragons 2020 Team Preview, Part 3: Second Basemen
- Dayton Dragons 2020 Team Preview, Part 2: First Basemen
- Dragons Single-Game Ticket Sales to Begin Wednesday, March 11