Penguins Reassign Larmi to Wilkes-Barre/Scranton
WHEELING, WV - The Wheeling Nailers, proud ECHL affiliate of the Pittsburgh Penguins, have announced a transaction, which takes effect immediately. Pittsburgh has reassigned goaltender Emil Larmi to the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins.
Larmi, 23, has appeared in seven games with the Nailers this season, posting a 4-3-0 record, a 2.36 goals against average, and a .941 save percentage. Emil opened his Wheeling career with a 26-save shutout against the Toledo Walleye, then proceeded to make at least 35 saves in five of his next six starts. In his two most recent victories, the Lahti, Finland native turned aside 45 of 46 shots against the Norfolk Admirals, then did himself two better with a 47-save performance in Toledo. Larmi has appeared in five games with the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton, while also serving as Matt Murray's backup netminder for Pittsburgh on January 4th at Montreal. Prior to coming to North America, Emil backstopped 46 wins over the course of three years in Finland with HPK Hameenlinna.
The Nailers will play two more road games before the All-Star Break next weekend, when they visit Kalamazoo on Friday at 7:00, then Indy on Saturday at 6:05. Wheeling's next home game is Friday, January 24th at 7:05, which is also a Frosty Friday against the Cincinnati Cyclones. Cincinnati sticks around for Saturday, January 25th, which is Pups & Pucks, as fans can bring their dog to the game. The next Big 6 Promotional Game is Country Roads on Saturday, February 1st against the Orlando Solar Bears, with a special 7:35 start time. Friends & Family 4 Packs presented by WTRF-7 are available for all Saturday home games, and feature four tickets, four Tito's Sloppy Doggs, and a $10 voucher to the Team Shop for $52. The Wheeling Nailers, considered one of the top things to do in Wheeling, West Virginia, provide affordable family entertainment for fans throughout the Ohio Valley. For information on season tickets, group tickets, partial plans, and more, call (304) 234-GOAL.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from January 14, 2020
- Howdeshell and Smereck Return from Tucson - Rapid City Rush
- Mariners Use Power Play to Rally Past Railers - Maine Mariners
- Railers Robbed up in Maine in 3-2 Loss - Worcester Railers HC
- Mavs Denied in Newfoundland, Fall 4-1 to Growlers - Kansas City Mavericks
- Growlers Earn Fifteenth Straight Win at Mile One Centre - Newfoundland Growlers
- Steelheads Announce Multiple Transactions with Trade, Assignment & Signing - Idaho Steelheads
- Solar Bears Acquire Taylor Cammarata - Orlando Solar Bears
- ECHL Transactions - January 14 - ECHL
- Mariners Acquire Bleackley from Idaho in Three Team Deal - Maine Mariners
- Derek Sheppard Assigned to 'Blades from AHL's Checkers - Florida Everblades
- Cederholm Returns from AHL Manitoba; Shaw Recalled - Jacksonville IceMen
- Wolf Pack Assign Jeff Taylor to Maine - Maine Mariners
- Mercier Named Inglasco ECHL Player of the Week - Jacksonville IceMen
- Wells Returns; Desharnais Recalled to Bako - Wichita Thunder
- Jacksonville's Mercier Named Inglasco/ECHL Player of the Week - ECHL
- Penguins Reassign Larmi to Wilkes-Barre/Scranton - Wheeling Nailers
- Walleye Weekly and Specialty Jersey Announced - Toledo Walleye
- Gillam Wins Second Goalie of the Week Honors - Wichita Thunder
- Spider-Man Slings in for Steelheads Marvel Super Hero Night Saturday - Idaho Steelheads
- Wichita's Gillam Named Warrior Hockey/ECHL Goaltender of the Week - ECHL
- Grizzlies Preview: Utah at Allen, January 14th, 2020 - Utah Grizzlies
- Royals Sign F Felix Chamberland - Reading Royals
- Growlers Pregame Notes: January 14 vs. Kansas City Mavericks - Newfoundland Growlers
- Lewis & McGauley Each Score 5 Points in 6-1 Win - Utah Grizzlies
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.