Oilers Drop First of Three Games in Rapid City
TULSA, OK - The Oilers lost to Rapid City 2-1 on Wednesday in the first of three matchups at Rushmore Plaza Civic Center this week.
Charlie Sampair started the scoring 10:43 into the game, tucking the puck underneath the crossbar and over the shoulder of Ivan Prosvetov. The goal came in Sampair's 200th professional game, and was assisted by Brent Gates Jr. and Danny Moynihan. Gage Torrel answered with his second of the year, tipping a point-shot from Eric Israel past Devin Williams at the 14:29 mark of the opening frame.
Neither team found the back of the net in the second period, but both teams could find the box. The Oilers took three trips to the box, including a five-on-three in the final minutes of the period.
The final frame remained deadlocked until Peter Quenneville crammed a rebound into the net with 4:35 remaining to seal the Rush victory.
Tulsa will return to the Rushmore Plaza Civic on Friday and Saturday for a pair of rematches against the Rush before heading to Wichita on the 27th.
Images from this story
Charlie Sampair of the Tulsa Oilers takes a shot against the Rapid City Rush
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from November 21, 2019
- Greenville Edges Jacksonville on Thursday - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Gomes and Sparks Electric as Beast Down Thunder - Brampton Beast
- Thunder Comeback Falls Short in Loss to Beast - Adirondack Thunder
- Conner Bleackley Returns from PTO, Colton Point Assigned to Texas - Idaho Steelheads
- Goalie Hunter Miska Returns to Grizzlies Roster - Utah Grizzlies
- ECHL Transactions - November 21 - ECHL
- Parisi Signs PTO with Belleville Senators - South Carolina Stingrays
- Swavely Recalled from Loan by Lehigh Valley - Reading Royals
- Elmer Reassigned to Mariners, Savage Recalled to Milwaukee - Maine Mariners
- Messner recalled to Providence - Atlanta Gladiators
- Marly Quince Agrees to ECHL Deal with Royals - Reading Royals
- Admirals Snap out of Skid, Crush Mariners, 6-1 - Norfolk Admirals
- Fucale Shines Again for Solar Bears in Win over Steelheads - Orlando Solar Bears
- Quennevile's Late Tally Helps Rush Grease out Win against Oilers - Rapid City Rush
- Oilers Drop First of Three Games in Rapid City - Tulsa Oilers
- Steelheads Fall 3-0 to Solar Bears - Idaho Steelheads
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.