Marly Quince Agrees to ECHL Deal with Royals
Reading, PA - The Reading Royals announced Thursday the team has agreed to an ECHL contract with forward Marly Quince. The rookie started the season with Knoxville (SPHL) and is tied for second in the league with nine goals and 13 points. Adirondack signed him to an ECHL contract in July and Quince played in the preseason with the Thunder before agreeing to terms on a contract with Knoxville.
A 6-foot, 204-lb., left-handed shot, Quince skated for Clarkson University from 2015-19 and compiled career totals of 11 goals, 29 points and a plus-seven rating in 101 games. As a senior, he posted ten points (3g) and was an alternate captain. His top statistical NCAA season came as a junior (5g, 11 pts.).
He appeared in the NCAA tournament with Clarkson as a junior and senior and the Golden Knights won the ECAC Championship in 2019.
Prior to his NCAA career, the native of Sioux Lookout, ON was a two-time captain of the CCHL's Cornwall Colts (2013-15) and thrice eclipsed the 20-goal and 60-point plateau.
Quince will wear #17 with Reading.
The Royals host Newfoundland Friday, Saturday and Sunday this weekend, starting with Throwback Night on Fri., Nov. 22 at 7:00 p.m. The first 100 fans dressed in 80's/90's clothing will receive a Rubik's Cube.
Fri., Nov. 22 vs. Newfoundland at 7:00 p.m. Throwback Night
Sat., Nov. 23 vs. Newfoundland at 7:00 p.m. - Hockey Fights Cancer
Sun., Nov. 24 vs. Newfoundland at 4:00 p.m. - Princess Day
Fri., Nov. 29 vs. Toledo at 7:00 p.m. - Game Show Night
Sat., Nov. 30 vs. Toledo at 7:00 p.m. - PAW Patrol Night
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from November 21, 2019
- Greenville Edges Jacksonville on Thursday - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Gomes and Sparks Electric as Beast Down Thunder - Brampton Beast
- Thunder Comeback Falls Short in Loss to Beast - Adirondack Thunder
- Conner Bleackley Returns from PTO, Colton Point Assigned to Texas - Idaho Steelheads
- Goalie Hunter Miska Returns to Grizzlies Roster - Utah Grizzlies
- ECHL Transactions - November 21 - ECHL
- Parisi Signs PTO with Belleville Senators - South Carolina Stingrays
- Swavely Recalled from Loan by Lehigh Valley - Reading Royals
- Elmer Reassigned to Mariners, Savage Recalled to Milwaukee - Maine Mariners
- Messner recalled to Providence - Atlanta Gladiators
- Marly Quince Agrees to ECHL Deal with Royals - Reading Royals
- Admirals Snap out of Skid, Crush Mariners, 6-1 - Norfolk Admirals
- Fucale Shines Again for Solar Bears in Win over Steelheads - Orlando Solar Bears
- Quennevile's Late Tally Helps Rush Grease out Win against Oilers - Rapid City Rush
- Oilers Drop First of Three Games in Rapid City - Tulsa Oilers
- Steelheads Fall 3-0 to Solar Bears - Idaho Steelheads
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Reading Royals Stories
- ECHL's North Division Enacts COVID Voluntary Suspension and Plans 2021-22 Return
- Royals Make Important Signing in Talented, Two-Way Forward Scarfo
- Suter Agrees to ECHL Deal, Royals Forward Group Coming into Focus
- ECHL Confirms Start Date for 2020-21 Season
- Reading Puts Final Touches on Deal with G Ruck