Parisi Signs PTO with Belleville Senators
NORTH CHARLESTON, S.C. - The South Carolina Stingrays, proud ECHL affiliate of the NHL's Washington Capitals, have announced Thursday that defenseman Tom Parisi has signed a professional tryout agreement with the Belleville Senators of the American Hockey League.
The 26-year-old blueliner appeared in 13 games with South Carolina this season, totaling 12 points with five goals and seven assists. Parisi is leading the ECHL in plus-minus with a rating of +14 and is one of the top defensive scorers in the league, tied for first in goal scoring and ranking fourth in points. The Commack, N.Y. native is also second among defenders with 51 shots on goal.
Parisi has already played 121 AHL games in the Montreal Canadiens organization with the Laval Rocket and St. John's IceCaps. He earned 17 points (four goals, 13 assists) with Laval in 2017-18 and posted nine points (one goal, eight assists) in 45 contests as a member of St. John's in 2016-17.
The defender was also part of Providence College's NCAA National Championship winning team in 2015 and later captained the squad as a senior during the 2015-16 season. At Providence, Parisi totaled 144 games from 2012-16 and helped produce 55 points of offense on 12 goals and 43 assists.
South Carolina hits the road to face the Florida Everblades this weekend at Hertz Arena in Estero, Fla., beginning Friday night at 7:30 p.m.
- The Stingrays return home for five games in December! Tickets for all of the team's upcoming 2019-20 home contests are on sale now via Ticketmaster.
Images from this story
South Carolina Stingrays defenseman Tom Parisi
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from November 21, 2019
- Greenville Edges Jacksonville on Thursday - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Gomes and Sparks Electric as Beast Down Thunder - Brampton Beast
- Thunder Comeback Falls Short in Loss to Beast - Adirondack Thunder
- Conner Bleackley Returns from PTO, Colton Point Assigned to Texas - Idaho Steelheads
- Goalie Hunter Miska Returns to Grizzlies Roster - Utah Grizzlies
- ECHL Transactions - November 21 - ECHL
- Parisi Signs PTO with Belleville Senators - South Carolina Stingrays
- Swavely Recalled from Loan by Lehigh Valley - Reading Royals
- Elmer Reassigned to Mariners, Savage Recalled to Milwaukee - Maine Mariners
- Messner recalled to Providence - Atlanta Gladiators
- Marly Quince Agrees to ECHL Deal with Royals - Reading Royals
- Admirals Snap out of Skid, Crush Mariners, 6-1 - Norfolk Admirals
- Fucale Shines Again for Solar Bears in Win over Steelheads - Orlando Solar Bears
- Quennevile's Late Tally Helps Rush Grease out Win against Oilers - Rapid City Rush
- Oilers Drop First of Three Games in Rapid City - Tulsa Oilers
- Steelheads Fall 3-0 to Solar Bears - Idaho Steelheads
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.