Messner recalled to Providence
Duluth, GA - Defenseman Joel Messner becomes the fourth member of the Gladiators this season to be called up to their AHL affiliate, the Providence Bruins. He joins Scott Conway, Joona Koppanen and most recently Sam Asselin.
The 25-year-old defenseman from Winnipeg, Manitoba had 12 points in 13 games this season for Atlanta, with three goals and nine assists. The 12 points are tied for the team lead and the nine assists are second.
While playing four seasons for the University of Nebraska-Omaha, he had 42 points (7G, 35A) in 135 games for the Mavericks. In his first season as a pro last year, he went straight to the AHL to play for Providence to begin the campaign, then finished the season with Atlanta. During 2018-19, he played in 32 games with the Providence Bruins and 27 games with the Atlanta Gladiators. Between both squads, he had a combined 25 points with seven goals and 18 assists.
The Atlanta Gladiators are members of the ECHL, the nation's premier "AA" hockey league and are the Affiliate of the Eastern Conference Champion Boston Bruins. All home games are played at the 9,119-seat Infinite Energy Arena, located just off I-85 on Sugarloaf Parkway in Duluth, Georgia. The Gladiators have established an unrivaled commitment to excellence, maintaining a distinctive reputation for providing fun, friendly, family, affordable entertainment and are consistently ranked as one of the best "Things to Do" in the Atlanta Metro area and across the North Georgia region. Fans can purchase tickets by visiting www.atlantagladiators.com or by calling the front office at (770) 497-5100.
Images from this story
Atlanta Gladiators defenseman Joel Messner
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from November 21, 2019
- Greenville Edges Jacksonville on Thursday - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Gomes and Sparks Electric as Beast Down Thunder - Brampton Beast
- Thunder Comeback Falls Short in Loss to Beast - Adirondack Thunder
- Conner Bleackley Returns from PTO, Colton Point Assigned to Texas - Idaho Steelheads
- Goalie Hunter Miska Returns to Grizzlies Roster - Utah Grizzlies
- ECHL Transactions - November 21 - ECHL
- Parisi Signs PTO with Belleville Senators - South Carolina Stingrays
- Swavely Recalled from Loan by Lehigh Valley - Reading Royals
- Elmer Reassigned to Mariners, Savage Recalled to Milwaukee - Maine Mariners
- Messner recalled to Providence - Atlanta Gladiators
- Marly Quince Agrees to ECHL Deal with Royals - Reading Royals
- Admirals Snap out of Skid, Crush Mariners, 6-1 - Norfolk Admirals
- Fucale Shines Again for Solar Bears in Win over Steelheads - Orlando Solar Bears
- Quennevile's Late Tally Helps Rush Grease out Win against Oilers - Rapid City Rush
- Oilers Drop First of Three Games in Rapid City - Tulsa Oilers
- Steelheads Fall 3-0 to Solar Bears - Idaho Steelheads
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.